Chapter 16- Home Again

When we finally got off the train and made our way through the storm to the castle, I was tried, hungry and soaked. The rain was pounding outside, and the sky was dark grey with clouds. I had just sat down with Harry Ron and Hermione when I saw Lupin sitting next to Professor Snape at the teacher's table.

"Mione, look! Its Lupin! He must be a professor here!" I said, poking her shoulder repeatedly. She looked over and then nodded at me, her shorter, less bushy but curlier hair bobbing.

Right then Dumbledore made his speech, warning us about this and that, yada yada yada. He mentioned Sirius Black, but said nothing about Siruis being after Harry. I guess he wouldn't want to worry Harry. He also told us that dementors would be guarding the entrances. At this, I saw Harry stiffen, and once Dumbledore released us to eat, I heard a certain Slytherin's annoying voice ring out.

"Potter! Potter!" Malfoy called. I groaned. Harry turned around and looked at Malfoy who was smirking triumphantly.

"You know Malfoy, the way you try to talk to and about Harry makes it seem like you have a bro crush on him. Just saying." I shot back. Malfoy scowled at me.

"Shut your mouth Walker. I do not! As a matter of fact I happen to hate Potter. You just wish you could have me!" I raised my eyebrows and scrunched my nose in disgust.

"You make me barf Malfoy. Get a life." I shot at him.

Ron, who was next to me, grabbed my shoulders and turned me away from Malfoy, and I grabbed Harry's shoulder as well, turning him away from the slimy haired git.

"Piss off Malfoy. Stay away from Harry and Saige. And me, and Mione." Ron sneered. I mentally cheered. Go Ron.

The rest of the feast continued, and me and the trio make small talk, joking around with each other. At one point Ron and I were having an eating contest, which ended in me sulking for the next ten minutes. But then I got him back by dumping ice from my pumpkin juice, ( I liked it cold) down the back of his robes. That resulted in colorful conversation, by that I mean a lot of swearing at me. But we went back to laughing and joking around, and by the time we headed up to the common room I was full, happy, and exhausted. Mione and I bid the boys goodnight, and trudged up to the familiar dormitory, where we found our stuff had been moved in already, as usual. I collapsed onto my bed, and started to take my shoes off. They were just simple black boots, they came only to my ankles. My brother had gotten them for me for my birthday. It was February 19th.

"Mione, do you think we will be able to go a year without almost dying?" I asked out of the blue. Mione gasped at me.

"I hope so, I mean I want to be able to focus on school and all that. Last year, getting petrified put me soooo behind, I mean, I'm sad Dumbledore canceled exams but I probably would have failed, and-"

"MIONE. That's not what I meant," I said. She looked at me apologetically then smiled.

"I have no idea. The least we can do it try not to die. You especially." That earned her a nasty glare. But then I let it go, cause I really did almost die a lot. I mean, getting knocked out and thrown by a troll, or almost blowing myself up. I mean seriously. I did kinda of ride a giant snake last year, but that was because I got knocked of the giant stone statue of Salazar Slytherin's face and landed on the back of the great serpent in the Chamber of Secrets last year. Oh well, it was fun.

"Well, imma go to sleep, might as well try to get some shut eye before something happens." With that, I slipped my robes off and changed into a forest green tank top and black sweat pants. Mione changed into her pajamas, and the other girls in our dormitory had already gone to bed, so within moments the girls dormitory was filled with the soft breathing of five girls. Four of whom were asleep.