Chapter 7-Snape doesn't actually hate me.

After I was let out of the Hospital wing, I spent the remaining days of the week running frantically from teacher to teacher asking for the homework. Most of them looked at me like I was crazy, and Professor Flit wick tried to talk me out of it, but I insisted, and even Professor McGonagall was a bit unsure, saying that the workload would be too much for me. I told her I could do all of the theoretical stuff, then do the rest at school, but she told me that she would take the trace off me for the break. I gaped at her, but she told me if I wanted to stay caught up, I would need to be able to do the spells for real. But I had to swear not to tell anyone. Only my parents and brother.

I was heading down to the dungeons to ask Snape for the homework when I ran into Harry, Ron and Hermione. They were talking about someone named Nicholas Flamel, and they immediately changed the subject when they saw me. I instantly felt hot, and I had to resist the urge to ask what they were talking about. I was mad that they weren't telling me what they were talking about, just because I missed three and a half weeks of school doesn't mean I'm some ghost now that cannot ever possibly be caught up. But when I walked up to them they just looked at me and muttered something about having to go. So, I said a harsh goodbye and kept walking. I could feel their stares on the back of my head, but I felt no need to be nice to them. So I continued to the dungeons to confront Snape.

"You what?" Snape asked me, obviously caught off guard at my request. I took a deep breath and repeated my self.

"I want all of the assignments for the lessons that I missed while I was out. Please." I said. "Professor."

"You want the extra work? Not very many people are like you Miss Walker. But if you insist then I might as well give it to you. Do you have something to write everything down in?" he asked harshly. I held up my handy dandy agenda that was already full of tons and tons of assignments. "Good." He then started to list off all of the potions and essays I needed to brew and write before we got back to school, and what books and pages to find each one. I was surprised, it didn't look that hard.

"Thank you professor, and I will have these back to you by the start of school!" I said as I walked out.

"Miss Walker, you are an odd Gryffindor. Not as arrogant as the rest of your house." Snape said, slightly smiling. Then he said something I would've never expected. "45 points to Gryffindor for your sense of duty and responsibility." I gaped at him. "Now go, or I will take them away."

I thanked him again and walked out of the classroom astounded. Walking back to the common room to pack my stuff I was in a very good mood. I stopped to talk to Neville who had been showing a not so amused Seamus Finnegan a rare plant, but I listened too him talk and talk about it. I was glad Neville finally found a subject he liked. People told me that he had been more and more confident in Herbology, so I congratulated him. But then I really did have to go and pack, so I bid him goodbye and ran to the common room.

I was running towards the common room, rounding a corner when I crashed headfirst into someone. Startled, I dropped my agenda, and the books I had checked out at the library.

"Saige!" I heard Ron say. I scowled, still not overly happy with the way that they had been treating me.

"Yes?" I said coolly. I saw Ron wince, but he recovered. "Where are Harry and Hermione? Aren't you three supposed to be super close and secretive about everything?" even I could hear the venom dripping off my words. I sort of wanted to take them back when I saw the look on Ron's face. 

"No, they're actually both being very secretive and won't really talk that much. I was coming to ask you about it and tell you everything I know." Ron looked down. "But, if you don't want anything to do with us, I'll just leave..." He started to look down, but I had dropped my books and grabbed him in a hug.

"I would never think that Ronald." I said, and then playfully smacked him in the ear. "So, what do you know?" I said, and as we walked back to the common room, which, from where we started, was a long walk away. Finally, once we climbed through the portrait hole and into the common room, I knew everything Ron did. Ron was sad that Harry and Hermione weren't talking to him, but I made him feel better by promising I'll send a minor curse their way, so let's just say that neither of them will be able to get their shoes untied for a while.

"So, we need to find out who Nicholas Flamel is, why the hell Snape wants to kill you guys,-" I said, but Ron cut me off.

"You guys? I think he just wants to kill all Gryffindors in general." I gave him a small smile.

"Not really. I had gone to ask him for the homework that I had missed, and he was astonished that I came back for it. He said I wasn't like most Gryffindors and gave me 45 points for my responsibility." I looked at my lap, in which my agenda was still sitting. Ron gaped at me.

"SNAPE GAVE YOU 45 POINTS? ARE YOU SERIOUS?" He yelled, and everyone in the common room looked up, astonished.

"Ron! Shut up!" I said, grabbing his robes and pulling him back down; he had jumped up in his surprised. The rest of the common room was looking at me, and everyone was whispering.

"Sorry," he said sheepishly. I heard footsteps coming down from the dormitories, and all of the sudden I saw the small, ballet flat clad feet of Hermione.

"Ron? Is that you?" she said, and then swept the common room with her eyes until she saw us sitting near the warm fire. Then she saw me. "SAIGE! OH MY GOSH IM SO SORRY WE INGORED YOU WE WERE WORRIED YOU WOULD THINK WE WERE CRAZY!" She came running down the stairs and threw her arms around me. Then proceeded to strangle the air out of me.

"Hermione- need- to- breathe-" I choked out through her bushy hair that was clouding my vision. She gasped and let go of me, and started to blabber why she had ignored me and apologized for everything. I just smiled and put a hand on her shoulder.

"I forgive you, all of you." I had just seen Harry come down the stairs, and looked at him and Ron and genuinely smiled. The two boys smiled back, and we all wrapped together in a group hug.

As I leaned my head into Harry's shoulder and wrapped my left arm around Ron's shoulders and held on to Hermione's hand with my own right hand, I smiled. I had the best friends in the world. But they still wouldn't be able to untie their shoes.

Sorry, kinda a filler chapter, but more will be coming soon.

xx Syd

Break Me || Harry Potterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें