Chapter 48- A Heartless Soul

Hey guy! So remember when I posted this drawing a while ago? Well, this is Saige at the end of this chapter! ;) have fun reading!

The three schools sat in a thick silence. Nothing made any noise in the Great Hall. The teachers were quiet, and not a student whispered. Dumbledore sat on the fancy chair at the front of the hall, his weathered hand on his brow. Banners of Hufflepuff and Gryffindor hung limp from the ceiling.

"Today, we acknowledge two terrible losses," Dumbledore started, trying to form the words. Harry sat in between Ron and Hermione, whose eyes were streaming with tears like his own.

"Cedric Diggory was as you all know, an exceptionally hard working, infinitely fair-minded, and most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend. Saige Walker. Our beloved Gryffindor. You all remember her from her triumphs on the Gryffindor quidditch team, or her smiles in-between classes. I believe that you have the right to know why we lose these two extraordinary students. Cedric Diggory was murdered, by Lord Voldemort. Saige Walker was kidnapped and tortured to death by him and his followers," There were gasps echoing through the words. Next to him, Harry felt Hermione's shoulders shaking and saw her place her face in her hands. Ron looked down, his face dripping with tears. Harry's own tears stung at the cuts on his face, but he couldn't stop them. As Harry looked around, he saw familiar faces- Mina, Brooklyn, Hayley, Fred, George, Katie, Angelina, even Draco Malfoy all mourning the loss of their friend. They had no proof Saige was dead, but Aurors had been sent out to the graveyard and found nothing but a girls shoe- Saige's favorite black combat boots. Harry wanted to believe she was alive, but he couldn't think of anyway for her to survive being taken by them.

"The Ministry of Magic does not wish for me to tell you this. But not to do so, I think, would be an insult to their memories. Now, the pain we all feel from this dreadful loss reminds me- reminds us, that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory and Saige Walker will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we will celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave, and a girl who was loving, courageous, and selfless, both of them true right to the very end."

When the schools were dismissed from the great hall, everyone walked with a dead weight clinging to their chests. Harry, Ron and Hermione all walked in silence up to their common room. They were sitting by the fireplace when Ron snapped.

"Ugh! It's not fair! She went through so much! She doesn't deserve it!" Ron spat, clenching his fists until his knuckles turned white. Harry was in awe that Ron had the energy to talk. Hermione burst into fresh tears.

"She-she was almost recovered- she was almost better. And now the last moments of her life were filled with horror. You're-you're right Ron. It's not fair," Hermione sniffed. Harry nodded silently, the images from that night replaying in his mind like a terrifying horror movie. He still couldn't believe she was gone. Even if she was still alive, she most likely wanted to be put out of her misery.

I hope you're in a better place now. With your family. We miss you.

____________________________________________________________________________________

When I woke up from the nightmarish dreamland I had been in, I was in more pain that I had ever been before.

All I knew was that I was still alive- still hanging on by a thin thread. I knew nothing else, nothing about where I was, what had happened, or who had caused the trauma I was going through. All I felt was pain, which meant I was alive. That's how I knew. If I was dead I shouldn't feel anything.