Chapter 78 - Again

Harry thought he felt pain – he thought he knew loss. But as Saige's body tumbled down the rocky ground, Harry had never felt more sorrow. His scream echoed through the cavern as Harry sprinted towards his friend, gathering her body into his arms and casting a shield around them. Sirius and Lupin immediately came to guard them, holding off the dozens of death eaters. Harry had no idea what was going on, all he could focus on was Saige's limp body in his arms.

"Saige? SAIGE!" Harry screamed, holding her face between his hands. Tears flowed furiously from his eyes. Harry pressed his forehead against Saige's, praying to every god in the universe for her to survive. But Harry knew how the killing curse worked – Saige had been hit. She was dead. "Saige, please," Harry whispered through the chaos of the chamber. Harry stayed crying on the floor, rocking Saige's bloodied body back and forth in his arms.

"Harry?" A weak voice whispered. Harry's head snapped up to see Saige looking up into his eyes. His heart clean stopped. How was this possible?

"Saige?" He cried, running the pad of his thumb over her cheek. Tears were spilling over her eyes.

"It – it didn't hit me – It – it missed I think –" Saige sputtered. Harry was in awe, but also cold with fear. Harry didn't know what was going on, but he did know what he had seen the flash of green illuminate underneath Saige's skin. She had taken the curse, but survived. Again. Sirius turned to see Saige struggling in Harry's arms.

"Harry – how the hell," Sirius said looking at Saige. Harry looked up weakly. He was grateful his godfather was alive.

"I don't know, but we need to get her out of here. Now," Harry said frantically. They didn't have time to ask questions. Sirius nodded, then pointed his wand at Saige's wounds and muttered a spell.

"That will stop the bleeding for now. But we need to leave," Sirius said, then motioned for Harry to follow.

Harry finally stood, picking up Saige's body carefully as he moved with the other towards the exit of the chamber. Saige whimpered slightly, but didn't say anything as Harry moved her towards the exit. They met up with the rest of the order and the kids, all of them taking a look at the girl in Harry's arms and shedding tears.

"Saige?" Hermione cried, coming over to clasp the girl's hand. Saige smiled faintly and muttered something, but all of the sudden an explosion shook the building.

"MOVE! NOW!" Moody bellowed, shooing them towards the exit. Harry went first, trying to get Saige to safety. She was surprisingly light, so carrying her wasn't that difficult. What was difficult was the fact that the chamber was being brought down on them. Harry had just stepped into the lobby when a thud sounded behind him. Harry spun in horror to see a huge slab of ceiling blocking the exit.

"SIRIUS!" Harry screamed, setting Saige down near the wall to run back and see if his friends had been hurt.

"HARRY? WE ARE ALL OKAY! GET SAIGE OUT OF HERE!" Sirius yelled back. Harry released a tight breath, running back to Saige.

"Saige, hey stay with me, we are gonna get you out of here," Harry said, trying to comfort the girl. Blood was still flowing from her wounds. Saige winced as Harry picked her up again but didn't complain.

Harry was twenty feet from the floo fireplace when he heard the voice.

"Potter, you're stealing my toy," A cold voice whispered. Harry's mind went cold with fear.

Voldemort was here.

"Saige, stay here," Harry whispered in Saige's ear as he set her down as softly as he could. She helped as much as she could, scooting her broken body back out of harms way as Harry stood to face his enemy.