Chapter 61- Detention with the Toad

I met Harry at the bottom of the staircase at 4:50. We had to go to our lovely detention with Miss Toadface. I had suggested just skipping it, but Hermione had given me a glare and just told me to get it over with.

"You ready?" I asked Harry as we started to walk to the classroom. He shook his head.

"It's not fair. She's just stupid and afraid like Fudge. I hate them," He spat, his hands fisting into tight balls. I knew what he meant. They were just afraid and stupid and they were going to get us all killed.

"I know, she's a bitch and Fudge's an asshat. Let's just get this over with," I growled, and opened the door to her office.

She was sitting in at her desk when we walked in. I almost barfed. Maybe she hadn't painted the classroom pink, but she had definitely painted the office pink. My stomach revolted at the sight of the pink china and velvet, the cherry wood and rose gold, the pink everywhere. I swallowed my disgust as I sat down at on of the desks set up. Umbridge smiled evilly.

"Hello Mr. Potter, Miss Walker. Today, you will be doing some lines for me," She said sweetly. Harry and I simultaneously reached for our bags, but she stopped us. "No, no, you won't need your quills. You will be using rather special ones of mine," She smiled coldly. She stood up and handed us a piece of parchment and a black quill. The tip looked a lot sharper than most quills.

"You haven't given us any ink," I said, trying to keep my voice even. My anger was flaring again.

"Oh, you won't need any."

"What do you want us to write?" Harry asked, a lot calmer than me. Umbridge thought for a moment.

"I will not tell lies." She said sweetly. What a statement. 

"How many times?" I spat. Umbridge beamed sickly at me.

"As many times as it takes for the message to, ah, sink in." She chuckled and sat back down at her desk, taking out her own piece of parchment and started to scribble words down, signifying that she was done talking to us. I looked at Harry for a moment before I started to scribble the wretched words onto the paper.

I had written four lines when my hand started to sting. I stopped for a moment to hiss in pain, but watched in horror as words started to write themselves into my skin. My hand stung and bled. I looked over and saw that Harry was experiencing the same thing.

That bitch...

I couldn't believe that she would stoop to this level. Child abuse much? I growled under my breath, but refused to let this hag have the upper hand. I grit my teeth and started to scrawl out the words, biting my teeth against the fiery pain and letting the thick blood run down my hands. I didn't stop it from dripping on her pink rug or staining the desk and paper I was writing on.

After at least two hours of painful writing, Umbridge stood and grabbed Harry's hand. It was bleeding as well, but I noticed that my hand was bleeding much more. I wondered if Umbridge did that on purpose.

"Hm. Mr. Potter, you are free to go," Umbridge said, dropping his bloody hand and shoeing him out. He looked at me and I stood to leave as well, but Umbridge flung a finger at me.

"Oh no, Miss Walker. You are not leaving yet. Mr. Potter may go, but you need extra punishment. You will be here for the next few hours. No objections." She hissed, and my jaw dropped. She was going to torture me more? I growled under my breath. Fine, let her have her victories. Let her think she could break me. I've had worse.

"I'll be fine. Go," I said to Harry, holding my bloody hand up. I ignored the pain and waved dramatically, making sure that some of the blood spattered around the room and on Umbridge herself. She squeaked but just glared and me and ordered me to continue.