Chapter 17- Ravenclaw goes down.

This drawing is also mine, so please don't take it without permission... But yes, this is Saige in her quidditch gear! ;)

xx- Syd

The team was posted the next week, and I rushed towards it, totally dropping my books everywhere, and then let out a scream when I saw my name under Angelina and Katie's. I made the team. The beaters were, of course, the Weasley twins, and Harry's name was written under mine, marking him as seeker. Wood was keeper, and this year, I thought, we had a freaking amazing team. After a few weeks of tiring practices, I knew we would dominate any team. I immediately wrote a letter to my family, and got a response instantly, congratulating me and telling me to keep up practices and make tricky maneuvers.

Me, Katie and Angelina worked together perfectly as a team, and the Weasley's made sure to keep the bludgers away from us. They nominated me as official sneaky shooter, and the girls and I formed tons of crazy plans to get me the ball so I could curve it into the hoops. I just hoped they wouldn't become predictable, and when I told the girls this, they make sure that I would only shoot if I wanted to, and not all the time, so people wouldn't target me.

Finally, our first game came up. It was against Ravenclaw, who rumor has it, had beaten their team into shape this year. I was nervous. I won't hide. I remember last year, when my brother was playing, he was unstoppable. Ravenclaw won the house cup last year, defeating Slytherin like 550 to 40 or something. Courtesy of brother dearest. 

"Saige you need to eat. Harry was just like this his first game. He wouldn't even touch his toast! You need your energy." Hermione said, and the boys nodded. I sat next to Harry, both of us dressed in the maroon and gold quidditch sweaters marked with the emblem of Gryffindor. I had my brand new white quidditch pants on, and they were the most comfortable things ever. I had laced up my knee high brown boots already, but my feet were starting to feel numb, so I made a mental note to loosen them before the game. I had been reluctant to take my clock necklace off, so it was tucked underneath my sweater. 

"Mione I'm fine, I'm not hungry." I muttered through clenched teeth. Harry turned towards me.

"Saige. Eat." He looked at me with a 'no joke' face.

"Well since you're being so kind," I muttered. But I tensed as I reached for my toast, and tentatively took a small bite.

"There you go. More now." Hermione urged.

"Jeezum Hermione, you sound like my mom. You might as well airplane it to me." It was a muggle way of feeding babies.

"Is that an offer?" Hermione asked. I smirked.

"Sure." Then Hermione scooped some of her cereal onto her spoon and lifted up to my face. "Zoomy zoom zoom! Bllrrrrrrrrruuuupphhhhhfhf. Here come's the airplane. Open up!" She said in a high voice. I started to laugh.  

"MAMA MAMA AIRPWAIN. YAY" I laughed, opening my mouth. By this point all of us were laughing, and Hermione accidentally spilled the cereal down my front. "Mione!" I punched her softly in the shoulder. She gasped and flicked her wand, siphoning the milk from my shirt.

"Thanks," I said, and then heard Wood call out, "TEAM LOCKERS NOW"

Harry and I stood up, bid Ron and Hermione goodbye, and started to walk down towards the pitch. I looked back and saw the rest of the school filtering out of the castle, heading towards the stands.

"Okay guys. We got this. We have the best team since, like forever. We can do this. Girls? Play like you'll never play again. Fred, George? Beat em up." The twins smiled wickedly. "Not literally. Don't give Ravenclaw any penalty shots. Harry? Get the gold. You get the gold, we win. Saige? Kill." That was all I needed to gain my confidence. We were going to win. I knew it.