Chapter 18- Goddamnit Potter.

I could hear voices, and I could name them too. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Katie, Angelina, Fred, George, and Wood. They were all talking together.

"Do you think she'll be okay?" Ron.

"She better be, she's the best chaser we've had in years, both me and Katie know it." Angelina.

"Yeah and also cause were planning a party for her and she better be there." George.

"That was some nasty playing by Davis, I'm pissed Hooch didn't call it." Fred.

"She saved the game, with a broken arm as well." Wood.

"I can't believe Chang got the snitch." Katie.

"Yeah, what happened out their Potter? We know you're trying to be a gentleman, but seriously this is quidditch, there are no 'oh sure go ahead, be my guest'" Fred.

"Sorry guys I don't know what got into me." Harry.

"Yeah, well maybe if you head's back on your shoulders then I won't slap you when my arm heals." Everyone gasped. I opened my eyes and sat up, immediately feeling woozy. The team was still in their quidditch robes, which meant I wasn't out for long. Good.

"Saige! Are you okay?" Hermione pulled me into a hug, careful not to squish my arm.

"I'm fine Mione, I just have to add another person to my kill list," I growled. Hermione beamed at the violence laced in my words. 

"Davis won't stand a chance," the twins chorused.

"We won, right?" I asked. Wood nodded.

"That was some play right there, but you know that we re-"

"Reserved the Snickerdoodle play for special circumstances only. Yes I know, but if I hadn't scored Ravenclaw would've won. Or tied at least." I cut him off.

"I know, good job though, it was amazing. I don't think McGonagall's ever looked happier, and Flitwitck was bright red."

I grinned as I tried to wiggle off the bed, making sure my arm was out of the way. I shooed Fred and George out of my way, and stood up, walking around. "Oh, that feels better." Madam Pomfrey walked in. 

"Oh! Miss Walker! You're up! Good, your arm is healing. Be easy on it for a few days, then it should be fine. That's your throwing arm, correct?" I nodded. "The bone's healed, that was simple, but some of your tendons and muscles snapped, so those will take longer to heal. You can go." I thanked her and placed my arm in the sling that she handed me.

Before I walked out the door, I reached down into my boot and felt the stick of wood still tightly wedged between my sock and my boot. Good. Then, I walked out, talking with our team about the match. Hermione and Ron tagged along, adding in their point of view here and there. The only person I didn't say a word too was Harry, I was furious at him for letting Chang get the snitch. We were gonna have a talk later. But right now was not the time, so I laughed and joked with my team as we paraded into the Great hall for dinner. We were met with cheering, and my team along with Lee Jordan, whom I thanked for a nice commentary, and some of the other older boys picked me up and chanted "Walker for the Win! Walker for the Win!" I bounced up and down trying to balance on Fred and George's shoulders, and thanked everyone who complimented me. Even some of the Ravenclaws gave me a stiff, "Nice moves" or "Good game" which I returned with warm smiles and similar compliments. Draco swaggered over and personally congratulated me, boasting that he knew I would do wonderfully. I just waved him off and continued to party and have fun. At one point McGonagall came over, and just like Wood said, she was beaming from ear to ear. She congratulated me and muttered to herself, something that I couldn't quite catch. It sounded like "In your face Flitwick." Oh well. Teachers.

The night ended well, and after a huge party in the Gryffindor common room, I helped clean up and after everyone left the common room, I grabbed Harry and asked him to help me put away the last few things. Then I started my lecture.

"Harry, c'mon man. What the hell happened with Chang?" Harry turned scarlet. "I mean c'mon, she may be pretty, but that's the first time you've never caught the snitch. What happened?" I asked, lowering my voice a tad bit to let him know that I wasn't going to start totally screaming at him, but I was mad. Harry sighed.

"I'm sorry Saige. She kept pushing me out of the way, and you know how I am, I'm not very aggressive. I'm sorry." I paused, contemplating forgiving him or not. I let out a huge breath.

"Well, next time, I don't care how gorgeous you think she is, knock her off her broom and send her to the hospital wing for a week." I muttered over my shoulder as I headed towards the stairs. "I'm going to bed though. Cya tomorrow." With that I stormed off, careful of keeping my arm safe. It didn't hurt as bad as earlier today, but it was still throbbing. But as I rolled into bed and lay my head on the soft pillows, I reflected on the game.

My family would be so proud of me. I was actually, secretly, glad Harry let Chang get the snitch, because if not, nobody would've seen my shot.

But I couldn't forget the feeling that had blossomed in my gut when he looked at her.

What the hell was that?