Chapter 65- Heartful Talks

So, turned out, the whole 'vein' thing proved particularly problematic. Over the final weeks leading up to Christmas break, I not only grew more powerful, but my magic was reflecting in my veins more and more. I knew that I wouldn't be able to hide my identity for very much longer.

I was walking with Harry to the RoR (imma just call it that, k? its annoying to type) for our last Dumbledore's army lesson. We had planned to teach the kids stunning today, as a last final treat.

"You ready?" I asked to Harry as we pulled the dummies out of the corner of the large room and proceeded to set them up. Harry shrugged.

"I guess so. I'm glad break is tomorrow though," He said, huffing as he tried to drag the dummy over a crack in the floor. I eyed the wheels catching the stone and with a small flick of my hand it was levitating off the floor.

"Uh-" Harry started, but I grinned.

"Its fine, don't talk about it though," I whispered, and then looked around the room to see some of the kids start to wander in.

After everyone had joined us, Harry and I began the lesson, showing the others how to stun successfully. After we set them up with the dummies, I pulled Harry over to the corner.

"Hey, Harry?" I asked, uncertain. Harry looked at me odd. I sighed.

"I need to tell them. I saw some of them eyeing my arms when I showed them how to stun," I whispered. I had dressed carefully, wearing one of my brother's sweaters. It covered my arms and shoulders, but my wrists and fingers still glowed. I had tried to pull it over my palms, but it kept slipping back up.

"Are you sure? Its up to you." Harry said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I set my jaw and nodded, eyeing the pairs of kids practicing stunning. A girl with long black hair was eyeing the two of us, and with a start I realized it was Cho Chang. I tried not to scowl at her.

"I- I have too. I need to." I said, my confidence growing with every word. I was done hiding, done cowering in fear.

We had just finished the class and were wrapping up when I made eye contact with Harry and nodded. It was time.

"Hey, you guys, I have something to tell you," I said, taking a deep breath. I glanced at Hermione and Ron, who were surprised but supportive. Hermione flashed me a sad smiled. "Now, I know this is going to scare you... As a matter of fact, this might make most of you hate me," I said, flicking my gaze to the three other Weasley's in the room who knew what I was about to say. Ginny smiled at me.

I turned to look at Mina, Brooklyn and Hayley, whom still didn't know all that much about me. I wondered how they would take this.

I took another deep breath, pulling my sleeves back to show my scarred hands.

"Remember a few months ago, you heard about a new threat- a new weapon that Voldemort was able to wield. A new weapon that was rumored to be more powerful than him..." I said, my face stony as I recalled the horrid memories. The others in the room shifted.

"Now, I hated to admit this, but you deserve to know. I don't care who you tell, what you do with this information, but I want you to know that I had no control,"

"Get on with it!" the same Hufflepuff kid called from the back of the room. I turned to look at him, my gaze hard and mischievous.

"I am the threat,"

A girl actually screamed, which surprised me. Then I saw that it was Cho Chang and I straightened, calming the blood boiling inside me. Whispers filled the room.