Chapter 98 - Snape

My head was a tad bit dizzy by the time we landed on the Astronomy tower. However, when I finally regained the strength to glance around the dark tower, I saw that Harry and Dumbledore had not enjoyed my preferred form of travel as much as I usually did.

"Harry," Dumbledore wheezed, collapsing onto the stone floor by the ornate telescope. Harry rushed towards him, helping him sit up. Something stirred in my stomach. Call it what you will, but it tasted like annoyance and disgust to me.

"Saige, I have to find Snape. Stay here – watch him," Harry cried frantically, and before I could protest, Harry was gone. The rock in my stomach scraped against my gut painfully. Dark clouds rolled overhead, thunder booming in the distance.

I walked out to the ledge, letting rain roll down my face. Dumbledore was almost asleep on the steps behind me. Gritting my teeth, I spooled up some energy and cast a variety of shields around the tower. However, the moment before I felt them seal, a wave of energy flew through the tower and almost threw me over the side. I slammed into the stone railing, my back cracking with the impact. I folded over the edge, my face hitting the stone on the outside. I held on for dear life.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Ms. Walker." A feminine voice cried. I didn't turn at the voice, for I knew who the voice belonged to. Bellatrix Lestrange.

Wiping blood off my mouth from where my cheek hit the stone of the balcony, I turned with murder in my eyes. Then had to force back a gasp.

Bellatrix was standing with a group of Death Eaters. In the back, I could make out an unmistakable mop of blonde hair, untouched by the rain. I couldn't see his face, but I knew it was Draco. The rock in my stomach had turned to rage.

Draco had finally stepped forward, his wand pointed at Dumbledore. He refused to meet my eyes. Everything seemed to tilt – my vision went blurry for a moment, and I didn't know if it was from the rain, or from tears.

"Draco, stop," I finally cried, skidding in front of Dumbledore. Draco's eyes no longer seemed so soft. They were like the thunderclouds rolling outside, full of rage, pain, and fear. I took a shuddering breath.

"Saige. Leave." He ordered with a nasty growl. I held my ground; a hand out in front of me and the other keeping Dumbledore back with a wave of invisible energy.

"No," I spat back, but Dumbledore had finally risen.

"I have to do this. I have to kill him." Draco finally said, his voice cracking. I shuddered. What the hell has Voldemort been doing to him?

"Draco, years ago, I knew a boy, who made all the wrong choices." Dumbledore said softly. The Death Eaters shifted. "Please, let me help you." He said. I watched rage flare in Draco's eyes. His grip tightened on his wand.

"Draco, do it." Bellatrix whispered in Draco's ear, a delighted grin on her face. Draco's hand trembled.

"She'll block it," He whispered back. I almost didn't catch it, but I caught the glance thrown my way. I straightened my back, preparing myself the fight I was itching for earlier. Fire swelled in my chest again. I was about to speak when another figure emerged from shadows.

"Draco cannot do it," It's voice whispered from the darkness. A crooked nose appeared.

Snape's cloak seemed to pull darkness from the room towards him, but his greasy nose was still pale as ever. However, there seemed to be sadness in his eyes. I slid to the side, wondering where the hell Harry was. Draco's arm had fallen, and Bellatrix had pulled the boy back into the shadows, surrounded by death eaters. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears. It was seven plus, against two. Bellatrix, and Snape, along with who I assumed was Fenrir Greyback, and three other highly skilled Death Eaters stood across from me. And who knows how many more had infiltrated the castle. I prayed that nobody else had been hurt.