Chapter 42- Two Boys: One Who Cares and One Who Doesnt

Enjoy your happiness while you can Saige Lilian Walker. It's all going to be taken away from you.

Soon.

I gasped as the pain shut off and my mind was filled with an eerie silence. I was breathing heavily as my senses turned themselves back on, and I found that my voice worked again.

"What- what the hell?" I croaked. My throat burned. I could finally see, and I found myself half collapsed on the floor and half in Draco's arms. But not very many people seemed to notice. I sighed in relief. I wondered silently how long I was out.

"Saige?" I heard a worried voice ask. I looked up groggily at Draco, whose horrified face was leaning over mine. "Oh my god are you okay? You just like had a fit or something! I tried- I'm sorry!" He stuttered, helping me stand up. I wobbled on my heels for a moment before kicking them off. I smiled faintly, my face hurting with the effort. I heard pounding footsteps a millisecond before another face swam into view. A feminine body crashed into mine as Hermione hugged me.

"Saige! Draco- He called us! We saw you unconscious in his arms! Are you okay?" She cried, pulling away from me and looking me over. I took a shaky breath. Mina, Brooklyn and Hayley were standing shocked behind Hermione.

"I'm fine- better. I don't know what that was but I'm fine now, and I'm sure as hell I'm not letting shit like that ruin the best night of my life," I said, trying to put up a strong façade.

"Hey, she has enough energy to swear again, so she has to be a little bit better." Mina said half-heartedly. The girls and Draco smiled faintly, and after a moment I grit my teeth against the aching pain and dragged them all back onto the dance floor. I didn't want this to spoil their night.

But I couldn't get the voice's words out of my head.

______________________________________________________________________________

Draco's heart was filled with joy as he talked to Saige. She didn't hate him. She wasn't scared of him. He was so grateful to finally have someone who knew who he really was.

"Hey! Good job up there!" He called out to her, swaggering up to her side as she headed for the food table. Saige smiled.

"Thanks! I'm still mad at you guys for making me go up there," she joked, punching Draco in the arm. He laughed. "You're a pain in the butt."

"I'm your pain in the butt." He said back, winking. Saige rolled her eyes, the soft glitter around them flashing in the light. She opened her mouth to say something, but Draco already knew something was wrong. Her gorgeous hazel eyes glossed over but stayed open. The beautiful glass goblet in her hand fell to the floor and shattered. She stood incredibly still, her body frozen in place. Draco's voice failed him. All of the sudden she twitched and fell forward, her eyes shutting in pain and her face contorting into a silent scream. Draco rushed forward with a frozen heart and caught the falling girl, but he didn't know what to do.

"Help! Someone! Please!" He cried frantically, letting out the tiniest sigh of relief as he saw Granger and the other girls Saige was friends with respond to his shouts. Granger's eyes widened, and her hand flew to her mouth, but she tugged on the other girls' sleeves and bounded over. Draco was about to say something when the girl in his arms wiggled. He looked down to see her gasping. She was breathing heavily as her eyes slowly opened.

"What- what the hell?" she croaked. Draco's heart swelled. Luckily not very many people seemed to notice, which avoided causing a scene. Saige seemed come to the same realization and sighed in relief.

"Saige?" Draco asked quietly. She looked up groggily at him. "Oh my god are you okay? You just like had a fit or something! I tried- I'm sorry!" He stuttered, helping her stand up. She wobbled on her heels for a moment before kicking them off. Draco smiled faintly. Hermione had finally reached them and crashed into Saige with a worried hug.