Chapter 67 - Suicide

I knew that my visions weren't over when I woke up. First of all, my head still pulsed and pounded, and my body was not in the castle.

I lay on the cool ground panting, trying to identify my location. The feeling was the same, the same dreamy effect that I had felt when I watched Harry kiss Cho.

Harry kiss Cho...

Something inside me snapped. I was surprised how angry I was, but after that crack splintered through me all of my care flew out the window. Harry could kiss whomever the hell he wanted. I didn't give a shit about him anymore.

Besides, I almost kissed Draco earlier.

I thrust those thoughts out of my head as I stood shakily to my feet, swaying back and forth as my mind spun. I subconscisously noticed a sharp pain my back but didn't investigate it.

I walked around the long corridor I was in, wobbling on my feet as I held on the wall for balance.

It wasn't until I saw the snake that I stopped, startled.

It was huge, to say the least.

It was Nagini.

I jumped back, my hands humming as I took in Voldemort's snake. It hissed and turned her diamond head to me, her forked tongue flicking this way and that. I took a calming breath, drawing up some strength to curse it, but a voice cut me off.

"Who are you?" A male voice called, and I backed up to see Mr. Weasley standing with his wand lit in the chamber. He gasped. "Saige? What are you doing here?" He called. I looked frantically back at the snake that was approaching fast.

"I don't know- Watch out!" I cried as the snake lunged. I watched in slow motion as Nagini dove to sink her fangs into Mr. Weasley's shoulder. My body reacted faster than my mind, throwing a hand out and shielding Mr. Weasley at the last second.

Nagini bounced off my shield, hissing. I gasped as my magic pulsed through me, humming unnaturally loud in my ears. I knew I was beyond my limit; I had pushed myself too far today. I needed to rest soon, or I would kill myself. Or maybe it was okay. Maybe I could leave and take my threat away... Save everyone from me.

I pushed those thoughts out of my head as I tried to pull up more magic without letting the reigns free. I managed to blast Nagini with some feeble fire, but she lunged yet again. This time, the only thing I could do was slam into Mr. Weasley, turning my body so Nagini's fangs sunk into my collarbone while Mr. Weasley tumbled out of the way.

Fire exploded in my shoulder as I fell, but I threw my magic out one more time. This time, I knew I had passed my limit. And maybe that was okay. Nagini disappeared, and the last thing I saw was Mr. Weasley's horrified face before I fell back into a blissful unconsciousness.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Draco never left Saige's side until she disappeared from the cot she was lying on.

"Hey? Saige? SAIGE!" Draco called out, his voice growing in hysterics with each passing word. Her body was gone, just disappeared. Madam Pomfrey hurried in, her shriek echoing through the halls. McGonagall was soon at their sides, demanding to know where the girl went.

"Malfoy? Where was she? You were watching her right?" Pomfrey cried. Draco nodded frantically, his worry growing. How could she just leave? Draco was starting to wonder how much power she had.

After Dumbledore was woken and informed of Saige's disappearance, Draco punched a wall in anger. They needed to find her; they needed to look for her.

They got their answer after 20 minutes, when Harry Potter, the Weasleys, and Mr. Weasley carrying a body with blood dripping from a wound in their shoulder.

Draco's heart dropped when he picked up the short wispy brown hair and unmistakable scar across her right cheek.

"Get her back to the hospital wing now! She was bitten!" Mr. Weasley cried, handing Saige's limb body to Draco. Draco didn't miss the slight scowl Mr. Weasley gave him as well, but he was too scared to return it.

Saige's collarbone was gushing blood from to unmistakable fang wounds. How the hell she disappeared into thin air, transported somewhere else and got bitten by a snake was beyond Draco, but his brain was too cold with fear to think it through. He ran after Madam Pomfrey to the hospital wing, laying her body softly on the cot she had originally been.

Madam Pomfrey was a whirlwind, bustling back and forth gathering supplies with a flick of her wand, cleaning blood from the wound, tearing Saige's bloodied sweater off until she was just in a plain black tank top, ordering Draco to dispose of bloodied bowls of water. Draco's body was numb, his eyes stayed glued on her limp body. He didn't even notice the entire Weasley family standing in the corner of the room, with Potter there as well.

After a while Madam Pomfrey ordered Draco to hold Saige upright so she could wrap her shoulder, and Draco obliged. He sat next to her on the cot, tentatively weaving his hand under her back to prop her up. Her head lolled back, her eyes still closed. Draco held his breath as he leaned her body on his shoulder, holding her other arm and her waist as Madam Pomfrey wrapped her shoulder. She tied of the bandage with a flick of her wand, but blood still seeped through slightly. Draco released a small breath, but sucked it back in again when Madam Pomfrey brought out a small vile of blue liquid, instructing Draco to tilt Saige's head up so she could pour it down. Draco nodded shakily, placing his hand under Saige's chin to prop her mouth open. Draco's hand shook when he took the small vile, Madam Pomfrey already haven taken the cork out. Draco held her head and poured the liquid into her mouth, but as it touched her lips she shuttered and convulsed, her body racking with shakes. Draco frantically threw the contents down her throat as Saige coughed, discarding the bottle while he tightened his grip around her. Saige's body still shook, but small noises were coming out of her mouth after she swallowed the potion.

After a moment, she stilled, relaxing into Draco's arms as her face reflected the pain she was in. Draco's breath lodged in his throat, afraid to release he as he lowered Saige back down on her cot. He backed up as Saige's breathing regulated, releasing that tight breath that was still stuck in his throat.

"Can somebody explain what the hell just happened?" Potter called, walking up to the cot with his arms crossed over his chest. Draco's eyes narrowed as he shifted to block Potter from Saige. An odd sense of protectiveness spread over him. "Move Malfoy," Potter, spat, making to shove Draco out of the way. Draco growled, but McGonagall glared at him so he stepped back, telling himself that Saige wouldn't want him and Potter to fight. Potter stepped up to the bed, placing a hand on Saige's forehead.

"Nobody knows what happened." Madam Pomfrey sighed. Draco's throat tightened. He had a slight hunch, just a reasoning for what happened. Saige had already physically and emotionally exhausted herself today. She had freaked out with Draco, and apparently freaked out with Potter. She was going to drive herself insane if she didn't rest.

"Malfoy, how did she disappear? Ron asked, the accusation in his voice thick as if Draco had been the one to loose her. Draco wanted to scream and yell at him for assuming that, but all of the sudden he felt very small and weak.

"I-I don't know. I was watching her, I was sitting right there and she just... Gone," he breathed, running a hand through his hair. Nobody relaxed, but Draco felt slightly less tight.

"Her magic- Yes I know, be quiet- seems to pulse through her body. It uses her core energy, allows her to perform magic most of us don't even know." Madam Pomfrey said, shushing all of them who gasped when Madam Pomfrey admitted to knowing who Saige was. "She overused herself. She was so drained that her nervous system was firing at random, sending her into panic attacks... Right?" She said sadly. Both Draco and the others nodded.

She had almost killed herself tonight.

And Draco was starting to wonder if it had been intentional.