Chapter 28- On a Mission without Permission

Catchy huh? -xx syd 

When I got out of the shower, I found the group back at the house, and they were talking about the quidditch match with dulled tones and frightened words. When I finally asked them what had happened, Harry, Ron and Hermione took me upstairs and told me what happened. I was awed, and slightly angry, as it would've been a great chance to gets some well-deserved revenge. But I held off from telling my friends that, I wasn't insane... yet. I asked them how the actual match went, and finally got Ron and Harry to talk to me for real, instead of the annoyingly vague and simple explanations I had been receiving for the last 20 minutes. After they spent a strong 15 minutes talking about Viktor Krum and all that, they finally quieted down and looked at me once more.

"So, what have you been up too?" Hermione looked at me with her huge brown eyes, and while she might seem like a small girl who was shy and timid, trust me, she could scare you into next month with just a glare.

I sighed. I had been holding back from telling them my motivations and actions, for fear of scaring the shit out of all of them and receiving a thousand reasons for why my plans were foolish and suicidal.

"Nothing much, you know, just taking walks and trying to get better at the magic I missed in school." I got out, trying to keep my voice steady. It was still a touchy subject for me; I doubted I would ever get over the trauma I had experienced. But I had given up wasting time mourning; it wasn't going to do anything.

"That's a lie if I ever heard one Saige, you know that," Ron joked, smiling. I rolled my eyes at him. He had been the happiest of all of us, and I could tell he was trying to make things better with laughter and smiles. I was thankful for that however, it took my mind off what had happened and got me to really laugh for the first time in months.

"And how do you know what anything is? Your brain is the size of a pea, and your emotional range is about the size of a teaspoon." I shot back, letting the corners of my mouth tip up. Ron's ears turned red, but he burst out laughing.

"Thanks for that," he said between laughs, patting me on the shoulder. I rolled my eyes again.

"Only joking Ronald!" I grabbed his hand and twisted it behind his back, bending it into an arm lock.

"Ow, OW! SAIGE BLOODY HELL?" He screamed, laughing as I sat with a neutral expression. He was thrashing, trying to get his arm free, but by that time everybody was laughing and he was enjoying it. I finally cracked a smile and released him.

"Just making sure my techniques are actually working." I winked at him, and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Is that the whole 'whack a dummy' thing you've been doing in the fields?" Harry asked out of the blue. I sighed, I had been hoping that either, 1) they hadn't seen me, or 2) they wouldn't ask.

"I didn't want to let my physical stamina fail ever again. I was kidnapped more than once, and trust me, I don't need anymore letters telling me that I was expelled," I said, waving my hands in a 'let it go' gesture. The trio looked at me, but then smiled.

"You know, you could just look at someone and they would be bloody scared as hell." Harry said, bursting into laughter. I rolled my eyes, again. I do that at lot.

"Should I demonstrate?" I asked, smiling. Harry started to shake his head, but I set my jaw and let the corners of my eyes tighten the slightest bit, but kept the rest of my face totally neutral. Harry's eyes widened and he brought his hands up and covered them. I burst out laughing, Ron and Hermione joining me. In another second all four of us were rolling on the floor laughing, and in another, we were throwing pillows at each other and running around like freaks.