Chapter 6- Slumbering

I could hear voices. Soft voices. The voices of Hermione, Ron and Harry. And my brother. I tried to move, then felt a horrible, horrible pain to my head. It throbbed. I tried to open my eyes, but room was so white it was almost unbearable. So I settled with mumbling something about trolls. That got everyone's attention.

"Saige?" I heard Hermione ask. I mumbled back. I had intended to say "I'm here", but I don't think she caught it.

"Are you awake?" I heard Ron ask. Hermione muttered something under her breath, but my fuzzy brain didn't catch it.

"Yup." I managed. Harry sighed. I ripped my eyes open and ignored the pain in my head. Looking around, I realized I was in the Hospital wing. The first thing I did was reach for the necklace around my neck, relaxing as soon as my fingers closed around it. 

"Saige!" Hermione cried, then reached out to hug me. I winced but hugged her back. "We thought you were dead! Oh my gosh, you scared us so much!" Hermione was crying, but I was frozen.

"Saige dammit you are supposed to "not die"! Don't you remember Mom making you promise to be safe?" Sam. I looked at him, and saw the tear stains on his cheeks. He had been really worried about me, but for what?.

"Wait, what?" I asked, pondering why I was even in the hospital wing. then it dawned on me. The troll. "OH MY GOSH WHAT HAPPENED TO IT? IS IT DEAD? YOU HAVE TO TELL ME EVERYTHING!" I yelled, louder than I meant to. Madam Pomfrey came running into the room, but then saw us and turned and went back the way she came. Harry, Ron, and Hermione just laughed.

"We stopped it. It was knocked out by Ron." Harry said. He was looking down. "But if you hadn't done whatever you did to make it get a huge burn mark and the giant bruise on its face, it wouldn't have worked." He added. He was clearly shaken, all of them were.

"What happened to me?" I asked. Hermione started to cry. Sam looked away.

"You, you were picked up by it, and it, it sort of hit you in the head with its club." Harry said. "We had just run in and we saw you go unconscious, then it threw you at us." I gaped at him.

"It- It threw me at you?" I repeated, unbelieving. Harry and Ron nodded. 

"We caught you, or sort of softened your fall." 

Then I remembered. "My wand. Where's my wand. Where's my wand you guys?" I started to get frantic. Hermione pulled it out of her robes.

"Don't worry Saige, I grabbed it for you. Its safe." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "But I was looking at it last night, it seems to be made out of a material I've never seen in wands. What is it?" I looked at her, slightly annoyed she was inspecting my wand, but grateful all the same that she had thought to grab it. I looked at Sam, and he nodded. I decided to tell them the truth.

"Its made out of purple heart wood, phoenix feather core, pure starlight diamond tips." I said, holding my wand comfortably in my hands.

"What? None of those things are ever used in wands!" Hermione said.

"Actually, my wand is phoenix feather core," Harry piped in, bringing his own wand out. Unlike mine however, his was a dark wood with an uneven but natural looking wooden handle, whereas mine was a lightly purple tinted wood that was exquisitely carved and designed.

"Hm, I wonder if it means anything," I said, trailing off. Hermione was still gaping at me.

"Hey Saige, can I talk to you really fast? I have to go soon." Sam looked at me and I nodded. The trio walked away for a second, and I noticed Hermione running to the common room. "You scared me. A lot. I thought you knew to be safe this year?" Sam looked really sad.