Chapter 20- Hogsmead and Pranking

It had been a couple of weeks since our first game, and a week an half since our second, and in that time, three things had happened. It started to snow, we won another match against Slytherin, and we got the first notice for the hogsmead trip. I had already gotten my form signed, but also, I had already been. My parents had taken me and my brother a few years ago, as a family treat. So I wasn't super duper excited about going, and also, I knew there would be more trips.

         "Now remember, if you do not have the form signed, you may not go. Also, these trips are a privilege and if you fail to uphold good behavior than that privilege will be withdrawn. No permission form signed, no trip." Professor McGonagall said to the group of third years bundled up in the cold on the courtyard. I was standing next to Ron and Harry, but Harry had run up to McGonagall. He said something, but she shook her head, and then patted him on the shoulder. He hadn't gotten his form signed. I felt bad for him; Hogsmead was really cool, if it was your first time. Then it kinda lost its spark. Kinda.

         "Its fine guys, you go." Harry muttered. I looked down, and started to walk away with Ron and Hermione.

         "I feel so bad for Harry, first his broom, now this?" Ron said. Hermione and I nodded. Then I got an idea.

         "Hey guys, I have already been to Hogsmead, I'm gonna sneak off and go comfort Harry or something, make him feel better." Hermione and Ron looked at me. "Trust me, I'm fine missing this trip, I've already been. Go have fun!" I winked and ran back to the courtyard, then ran into the castle, slowly trailing after Harry, who was making his way to the big clock tower. I discarded my coat and bag behind a statue near the common room, and made a mental note to go bad and get them later. I was left in my navy blue sweatshirt, and jeans, with my black boots soaked with snow. I snuck behind Harry, and while he was watching the rest of the students go down to hogsmead, I tapped him on the shoulder.

         "You know, we could prank them or something while they're gone." I said nonchalantly. I swear Harry jumped like four feet in the air.

         "Bloody hell Saige! What was that for?" he said, catching his breath. I laughed, and patted him on the head.

         "For fun. You know me," I said, laughing some more. Finally Harry started to laugh, and the tension was eased. I finally got Harry to prank Ron and Hermione, and when we headed back to the common room, I grabbed my coat and bag.

         "Wait, why didn't you go to Hogsmead?" Harry asked me. I shrugged.

         "I went a few years ago with my family, so I don't mind missing it. And anyways, there are tons of more trips, so I could always go later. And besides, might as well hang out with you cause you can't go," I shrugged.

         "Oh, thanks." Harry looked down.

         After a few hours of hanging out, we switched all of Ron and Hermione's stuff - Ron's bed was now covered in books and homework, and Hermione's was covered in candy wrappers and random trinkets. Then Harry and I talked for a while, and finally, Ron and Hermione came back. However, when they got to their rooms, their yells could be heard from the common room. Harry and I were laughing uncontrollably. Hermione and Ron eventually got us back with all of the Zonko's tricks they had bought. After dinner, we parted and went up to our dormitories, Ron feeling the sugar crash coming on. Hermione and I talked for a little while on our beds, but at some point in the night you could hear the boys laughing and making animal sounds. When I asked Hermione about it, she said that Seamus had boughten a pack of magical candy, which meant that either Ron was lying, or he had just been doing it for the candy. Boys.

________________________________________________

         Weeks passed, and more Hogsmead trips were scheduled, and Harry convinced me to go on a few of them, trying to tell me that he had homework or something. Liar. But I didn't push it, and still enjoyed joking around with Ron and Hermione. Finally, it was nearing Christmas Break, and homework and classes were getting hectic. But, nothing could dampen the Christmas spirit, so I was happy despite the loads of homework we were being assigned. Finally, on the last day, I had already packed up and was heading down to my last class, Potions with Mr. Sunshine, Unicorns and Rainbows. Harry had been having trouble with the dementors, and had asked Professor Lupin to teach him how to fight them. Lupin had apparently been considering the idea of showing him the Patronus charm, but Harry had told me that Lupin didn't want to start until after Christmas. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were staying over break, but I had to tell them goodbye because I was going home for the break, to see my parents and older brother.