Chapter 21- Christmas at the Walker's

Once I left Harry outside the Transfiguration classroom, I walked over to the carriages going down to the platform.I pulled myself into an empty carriage, holding my wand and bag tightly to my chest, praying that my guitar and trunk were safe. I trusted Hagrid, but anything could've happened. I had just pulled a book from my bag when the carriage started to move. I had noticed earlier that there were only five carriages, and even now I was the only person in mine. I shrugged to myself and continued to read, dog-earing the page when the carriages pulled up to the platform. I hopped off with the few other kids, then started towards the scarlet train. I easily found an empty car, and popped in, pulling out my book once more. When the train started to move, I looked out the window at the castle, looming in the distance, covered in snow and backlit against the sunset. I was about to turn back to my book when something turned in my gut.  One that felt bad - very bad. Like I would never come back.

What the hell?

I swallowed that feeling, and buried my head in my book once more. Hours passed. I finished my book. I pulled out another one. Finally, finally we pulled into Kings Cross and I stuffed my books into my bag, and grabbed my wand and pocketed it. I was the first to the door when the train stopped, and I jumped off the train into my brothers arms.

"Saige! Good to see you again! I missed you!" My brother lifted me up and twirled me around. I laughed.

"You too Sam! How are you here? I thought you had to work?" I asked him, once he set me down. I saw my parents come up from behind my brother, and I gave them both a big hug.

"I have my ways," Sam replied, giving me a wink. I rolled my eyes.

"Sweetie! We heard all about your games! I'm so proud of you!" I smiled, as my mother congratulated me and asked me all about my quidditch matches. I told her all about our plays, and how the games went. My mom went into full momma-bear mode when I told her about Davies breaking my arm, but beamed when I told her that I elbowed him in the face and creamed his team. Sam pretendd to be insulted for destroying his former house's team, but I could tell he was proud. My dad asked me how school was going, and I told him all about classes and how much I loved having Professor Lupin as a teacher. He smiled, and when we got to the car, I kept talking about school, and everything else. At one point my brother started to tickle me, so that lasted for a while until we reached the leaky cauldron and floo'd to the small wizarding pub in the middle of southern France. Then, we started to the three hour-long drive back home.

"Saige! Wake up! We're home." Sam poked me in my sides, making me laugh, even though two seconds ago I was asleep. The car ride was soooooo long. I couldn't help but sleep.

"What time is it?" I asked groggily. Rubbing my eyes I sat up, and my dad pointed at the small digital clock in the car.

"5:38. You should go and get unpacked, then we can start decorating! We haven't started anything without you!" My dad smiled back at me. I beamed. I hugged my dad and thanked him, then tumbled out of the car, asking my brother to get my trunk and guitar case.

 Trudging up the stairs of my two story house with my brother following, his wand pointed at my trunk and guitar case making them float behind us, I threw my bedroom door open and flopped onto my bed. It was good to be home. I loved my room, and as I looked around I saw that nothing had changed. My midnight blue bedcovers were still here, along with the record player and my desk, and then the huge, dark brown wooden bookshelf that stood in the corner. My walls were painted a calming white, like the color of vanilla ice cream. I had tons of books strewn everywhere, overflowing from the bookshelf and laying on the floor and the desk. I would probably give Hermione a run for her money when she saw how many I had.

"'Aige, where should I put this?" I scoffed at my brother's nickname for me, but he had been calling me that since I was born. I pointed to the foot of my bed, and watched as my brother pointed his wand at my stuff and had it float to exactly where I wanted it. I couldn't wait till I could use magic outside of school.

Hours passed, and my family and I had gone to pick out a Christmas tree, decorated it, and just finished putting the start on top when I collapsed on the couch. My brother, the kind being he is, came and sat on me, full grown 18 year old he is. He started to shoot spells at the fire, making it change colors.

"Woah, calm down pyro, don't light the bloody place on fire. And get off me!" I said, trying to shove him off. He just chuckled and stood up, the offered me a hand.

"Hey saige? Do you want hot chocolate?" My mom called from the kitchen. I jumped up faster than humanly possible and bounded to the kitchen.

"Oh my god yes!" I bounded to the kitchen, grabbed the mug and took a big gulp, accomplishing nothing but burning my hands and tongue. But the taste. I would die for this hot chocolate. My mother made homemade hot chocolate, with a secret recipe that not even I knew. But it was the best thing on the planet. As I ran around the kitchen fanning my tongue waiting for it to cool, my brother grabbed the whipped cream from the fridge.

"Hey sweetie, you still have that necklace right?" My mother asked as she made three more mugs. I pulled the clock out from under my sweater, holding it up proudly. 

"Yup!" I grinned. My mother smiled. Sam walked up behind me, spraying whipped cream into his mouth. 

"Oh Aigie! Whipped cream!" I spun around and chased him, trying to get the whipped cream. Sam taunted me by flicking his wand and suspending the whipped cream to where I couldn't reach it, even though I was tall for my age.

"Sam you butt give it! Sam- OH MY GOD NO YOU DIDN'T!" Sam had just made the whip cream squirt on my hair, making me look like a bird had just pooped on my head. "Sam you butt!" I cried, and started to chase him again. Sam just laughed and jumped out of my reach, then taunted me again by squirting more whipped cream into his mouth, then pretending to savour the taste. By then my dad had just come in, and had joined in, grabbing my hot chocolate and pretending to drink it.

"NO YOU DON'T YOU BUTT!" I shrieked, laughing. I grabbed the mug and held it out of reach, then put on my "no nonsense" face and held out my hand to my brother, who was still holding the whipped cream. "Give it here Sam. Now." I tried to keep a straight face, but the corners of my mouth tilted up. Sam just shrugged and handed it over, then, as soon as I had set down my mug to fill it with whipped cream, picked me up and threw me on the couch.

"OH MY GOD CAN I JUST DRINK MY FREAKING HOT CHOCOLATE?" I squealed, giggling. My family walked over.

"Nope. I get it," My mom said, and with a flick of her wand, brought over the four mugs. We all sat down on the couch and drank, and finally my brother suggested a movie. My family wasn't the type to watch christmas classics, so we put on one of the X-men movies instead.  Somewhere near the end, I fell asleep in my brother's lap, but the last thing that went through my mind warmed my body and made me smile in my sleep.

I love my family so much, and they would always, always be there for me.

Oh, if only I knew everything was about to change.

 For worse.