Chapter 31- Dumb Old Doors and Apologies

After my little encounter with Wesley, I was back in the clouds and heading towards Hogwarts. Dumbledore had no idea I was coming, but he better be there cause if not, I was sure gonna be pissed. I had been thinking about what Wesley said about my wand, what he meant by the "reverse-life effect" or the whole "light the fire of a thousand flames". I wanted to believe that Wesley was just making it, up, but he was under the Viertiserum, so how could he lie?

With my hair blowing through the wind I rode pondering these thoughts for a few hours, but I finally broke the clouds and spotted the high Gryffindor tower of Hogwarts. My heart lurched, curling into a little ball of sadness in my chest as I tried to shut out the happy memories I had here. I flew over the quidditch pitch, just the wooden frames of the stands standing in the light fog. I had put my hoodie and gloves back on when I left Brighton, and I was sure thankful that I did. My nose was red and my ears were cold as I touched down in one of the courtyards near the Headmaster's office.

"SEEKER?" I screamed. Harry hadn't been expelled. He was on the Quidditch team! "YOU LITTLE TURD YOU MADE EVERYONE SO SCARED!" I hugged him, then gave him a calmer congratulations. We had been enjoying a break in one of the empty courtyards when Harry came back. He had told us to news and we had all freaked out. Well, "we" meaning Ron and me.

Ron and I had been playing a game of wizard's chess in this courtyard when that happened. It was so long ago. I swear, I felt as if I was a completely different human being than the young Saige Walker from the courtyard.

As I stuffed Harry's broom back into my backpack, I ground my teeth together and set my mind into the calm state of raw anger. I was here to demand answers for why the hell I spent 7 months on my own when I had clearly asked Dumbledore for help. As I strutted up the stairs and through the corridors that used to be home to me, I didn't encounter anyone. But when I finally got to the gargoyle that guarded the headmaster's office, I paused. I raise my wand in a threatening way, but I didn't cast a spell. Instead, I started to yell, but the gargoyle just jumped out of the way as a small yellow mist sprayed from my wand and settle on the gargoyle, glistening for a moment like glitter, then dissipated. The gargoyle's staircase started to turn, and, with my jaw falling to the floor, I slowly stepped on and watched as I rose into the office.

"Ah, Miss Walker. I had been wondering when you would show up at my office. No doubt you managed to get past the gargoyle with no password, you are an extraordinary young witch." A calm, clear voice rang out as I strutted into the office, letting my resting bitch face kick in. I wasn't going to let anything he says faze me.

"Those topics can wait for further discussion." I said calmly, venom dripping off my words.

"I assume you're here to yell at me?" Dumbledore said, sitting as he always does in the grand chair behind his grander desk.

"You assume incorrectly Professor." I said, walking up to the desk. I pulled up a chair and sat down, without even asking. Rebel.

"Then my assumptions need a correction, don't they?" He responded. I didn't let any of my emotions show. I folded them up and tucked them away deep in my heart.

"And where should I start? Professor." I pinned Dumbledore with a glare, letting my eyebrow fall and my arms twist in front of my chest.

"Start where you wish," was all he said. I shrugged and stood up, turning my back to the headmaster and admiring a very pretty device that was on a table by the desk. I jut my hip out and placed a hand on it, and picked at the dirt in my nails as I spoke.

"I didn't come here to yell at you, I came here for answers. However, some might require slight raising of voices." I heard Dumbledore shift, and I smirked, knowing that I had just gained a handhold.