Taeyang: I'm Sorry {part 3}

[I think 'If You' and 'Eyes Nose Lips' describes this whole short series perfectly...]

I'm Sorry:

*First/Second person pov*

"We'll be right here." Jiyong patted your back.

You took a deep breath, this was it... Hyun was very against this idea, but you know what you had to do. You still love him with all your heart, so you have to try. Because you know how different he truly is from them.

As you entered Taeyang's place you saw how much of a wreck it was. Alcohol bottles everywhere... Even cigarettes?! Your heart raced, your palms began to sweat.

But you remind yourself that this had once been a man you trusted with your life... That was until he hit you... Would you be able to trust him again? You were able to forgive him after each fight- either him being jealous, overprotective, you being jealous, him being gone, you being gone, or just arguments that had just exploded into something more. If you could forgive him then, you knew there has to be a way you can now.

"I think he's in his room..." Jiyong pointed, "we're gonna stay out here. Call if you need us." You're sure they're only saying that so you feel better, they know he won't do anything.

Slowly you made your descent towards the door, your stomach churned.

As you opened the slightly cracked door you could see Youngbae's figure surrounded by tissues. He had his head in his hands sitting on the side of his bed, his back facing you.

What are you supposed to say?

Softly you called out his name, "Youngbae..." You watched as his head snapped up, he stood up and faced you with shock.

"(Y/N)...?" His voice cracked slightly.

"Hi..." You looked down.

"Y-you're actually here?" Youngbae's eyes were red and puffy, and it was obvious he hadn't shaved in awhile. He actually was a mess, just what the guys had said- worse than you.

"Yeah..." You did your best to smile.

Carefully he approached you. Holding out his hand you accepted,

"I'm so sorry baby... I never should've hit you. I never wanted to be like your father and ex, I promised. But I still hurt you. I took out all my anger and stress on the very person who always made me feel better." You wiped away a tear falling down his cheek, "I should've told you the truth about why your friend saw me with someone else. The guys probably told you but... I was uh... Well, I was gonna ask you to marry me. I don't know what will happen now but each time you even brought up the idea I'd cheat on you I got so upset, I was tired and wanted you to stop bringing it up. I wanted to stay the night with you but management had other ideas. But I know, no excuse or reason I give justifies what I did. I'm so sorry. I need you (Y/N). I need you more than anything, you've kept me strong throughout anything I've ever struggled with. I love you, and I'm willing to do anything to get you back."

You stood there in shock as he poured out his heart to you. If only you had known all the stress he had been going through... You smiled meekly.

You wanted to say it was okay and you could go back to normal. But you just couldn't. Not after everything.

"I'm willing to try again." You spoke softly, his face lit up, "but literally try again. Our three years goes out the window and we start over..."

As much as that hurt him, it was a no brainer, "deal."

-one year later-

It was a hard road for (Y/N) and I, but it was worth it. I never thought I'd get a second chance, not after what I did.

Starting over hurt. Especially after each kiss seemed to not matter anymore. It was back to square one, like the very first time we met.

But it was the best second chance in the world. Cause after a year, things are amazing. I can tell (Y/N) trusts me fully again, and we talk about any issues we're having.

"Hey oppa can you help me reach something!" I heard her call. Still so short too.

(Y/N) stood in the kitchen with her arms crossed, pouting. I reached up grabbing the ingredient she needed,

"Thank you." She side hugged me.

"Ah, what are you making?"

"I'm not quite sure yet..." I chuckled kissing the top of her head,

"Alright."

"Hey Youngbae?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."