Jimin: Masquerade

[so my school sport, Cross Country, has started and I'm hoping it won't cause too many issues with writing. And I'm pretty much always open for requests since I've been struggling on writing ideas... And omg I really hope Jimin's doing okay... Also I'm going to try to do drabbles/one shots based on prompts]

Prompt word #1: Beginning

Masquerade:

*Second person pov*

"Aawww you look so pretty (Y/N)!" Your best friend squealed.

You stared at yourself in the mirror. Dress, done up hair, shoes, you looked actually pretty good, "I hope..."

"You do! All we need is the mask now!"

You smiled excitedly, "yeah..." Securing the beautiful piece around your face, you knew you were ready for tonight.

You're a shy person, not too great at meeting new people. So that means tonight's a big step.

"It's not like anyone will know you, let's do this!" Hyun grabbed your hand and lead you to the car.

-later-

You stood off to the side taking everything in. The dresses, decorations, it all was so perfect... You felt almost out of place, awkward, unsure what what you should do. Hyun said to just 'be loose and have fun,' except you're not entirely sure how to do that. Even if you knew other people here, honestly, you wouldn't be able to figure out who they are.

"Would you like to dance?" Your mouth gaped open shocked. The masked man in front of you held his hand out.

"I- uh... Sure." Regaining your composure you accepted his invitation.

"You look very pretty." He smiled down as you two began swaying to the music.

You blushed, "T-thank you."

"My name's Jimin by the way."

"Mine's (Y/N)."

The two of you talked and talked for what seemed like hours. Jimin was sweet, funny, all around perfect. You ended up finding out that you two had a lot in common. Love of music, dance, friends... He was just amazing, especially his smile. You really didn't want the night to end, but it had to.

"Maybe we could meet up?" Jimin enclosed a piece of paper in your hands.

You responded, "I'd like that."

"Then I'll see you around (Y/N), I'll be waiting!" With a soft kiss to your hand, you were left alone. Grinning.

***

"Ah (Y/N)!!" You heart practically stopped at the sight of the beautiful boy in front of you, just as perfect as before.

"H-hi J-Jimin!" You squeaked embarrassed.

"You're even prettier than I remember!" He embraced you right away.

"T-thanks..."

"Wanna grab a bite to eat?" Jimin's hand stayed attached to yours, gripping slightly.

"I'd really like that." Quickly pressing a kiss to your cheek, Jimin happily guided you into the cafe hand in hand.

The feeling of talking with someone so amazing, was truly a gift. You began to learn so much about the man you were with- and you simply knew it was the beginning of something truly unique.

[aish that was bad... I'm so sorry, I was struggling to do this]