G-Dragon: Waiting

[so I'm kinda back from the dead.. I haven't uploaded in months omg.. and GD's coming to the states for his world tour!!!! I also have written a Pilot for a Taeyang story if anyone wants to read]

Waiting:

*Second person pov*

It was rare for Kwon Jiyong to have long amounts of time off unless he or Big Bang weren't promoting. He had been working in and out on new music and preparing his upcoming world tour. It was exhausting to say, so getting to spend time with the girl he loved was always something he looked forwards to.

So the day you came home and announced you'd be taking a holiday with some friends, things didn't go over well..

Jiyong sat on the leathered couch with his feet upon the coffee table. He was relaxed, flipping through tv channels continuously. A forgotten drink of coffee was left to waste growing cold as the man's mind wandered, eyes darting to the ticking clock every so often. His curiosity was starting to get the best of him as he wondered where (y/n) was. He was so used to you telling him everything, even if it was a simple text saying you were getting coffee. It was unusual for you to get home any later than six or seven. It was even more unusual for him to be home at that hour.

Just as he went to go pick up his phone to call you, his front door opened excitedly with you grinning from ear to ear walking in. The first thing your boyfriend wanted to do was question the hell out of you; but once he saw the odd amount of happiness in your step he couldn't bring himself to.

"Babe, you okay?" he didn't move from his spot on the couch, watching your form intently.

You quickly plopped yourself besides him, took his hands into your own, "the girls and I are going to Iceland for a week or two!"

When he asked what was wrong with your odd excitement, he was expecting to hear about a possible raise or some news with your mom. Jiyong's mind went slightly blank and he couldn't even react with a fake happiness to appease you.

"I-Isn't that exciting?" You asked wondering why Jiyong looked like someone had hit a dog with a car. There was a frown plastered onto his face and it made you feel like you had done something wrong.

"Of course, yah."

"Now, what's wrong with you?"

He coughed awkwardly. In this moment he realized he should've acted differently; he was starting to dig himself into a hole, "nothing."

"Are you sure? Is this about me wanting to leave..?"

"Actually?" Jiyong took a short breath in. You had just gotten home and he was possibly about to ruin your entire day. The spark in your eyes that had been present was dulled down to a sadness. He was internally kicking himself for doing this to you, "yes.. I was planning on telling you when you got home, but I got time off from work to rest.."

Guilt racked through you hearing that. You knew how hard he had been working lately and didn't think it would matter if you went away; you thought he would just be working, "Ji.. I-I don't know what to say."

"Don't say anything then.. If you want to go then go. I don't want to make you feel bad and stay but- I was hoping we could just relax together." he was secretly praying you'd drop your plans with your friends and stay with him. But seeing your eyes furrow he knew that wouldn't be happening.

"How long is your break?"

"Basically how long your trip is."

You felt terrible; that was the easiest way to put it. All you ever wanted was to have days together when you wouldn't have to worry about him getting called into work. You'd spend months just waiting for his tours to be over, and now you're the one leaving. But maybe this would be a good thing? He'd get to understand how you felt, just a little.

With your silence Jiyong knew what the answer was. He nodded with annoyance and got up, leaving the room. You stayed on the couch hearing the bedroom door slam.

The rapper thought back to that night and for the past two weeks had scolded himself for acting so childish. You deserved to get to leave and have fun with your friends, it was basically what he did. Though he had come to terms with why he acted the way he did, and he was willing to admit them to you now when you arrived.

First, he felt resentment that you weren't basing your whole life around his. He was used to it being that way. Then, he didn't understand why you were telling him so last minute. Or maybe he felt scared some guy would pop up and you'd forget all about him. He hated the thought of you leaving and he would have to be sitting around. Now he finally started to realize how you felt when he went on tours or worked for hours; thought it didn't exactly compare.

Jiyong's foot tapped impatiently on the hardwood of his apartment's floor. It was like deja-vu hearing the clock ticking once again as he watched the door. He spent his last two weeks staring at that door waiting for you to walk in, though it wouldn't have actually been happening until now. The clock's hour hand landed on the eight, the time you were supposed to be walking through that door.

You were running late.

He was surely overreacting, he off all people should know how flights work and that they're never always on time. But how things were left when you went away, were not good, and any conversation over the last weeks was poor and dry. His mind was racking through worst case scenarios, ones where you weren't planning on returning.

But as his mind got lost in thought, the door clicked open. Standing with all your bags, you gleamed at him, "planning on helping?"

Jiyong smiled hopping up. Before he went to take any of your bags, he pulled you into a hug. His arms wrapped around your smaller frame and he took in your familiar scent, feeling; he missed you... You squeezed him back, equally as much. Things were rocky when you went away but you hadn't let it effect your trip. You had a blast and even a pouting boyfriend wasn't ruining your time.

"I'm sorry I left you waiting around." you chuckled jokingly.

"My break ends in two days.." he replied softly. As if he wanted you to remember he was still mad about you leaving at a bad time.

"Good thing I'm back now." Jiyong's arms still hadn't left you, but there was no complaints from your side. You could only take being back with him in for now.

"Definitely. We'll just have to make the most of it, won't we?"

"Certainly."