G-Dragon: Hateful Parents

[I hope I'm not the only one wicked happy about the news that Kiko and GD broke up... Of course I hope Jiyong's okay but like wow... though I think it's for the best since Kiko's a horrible person]

Hateful Parents:

*Second person pov*

"Do you think they'll like me?" Your boyfriend Jiyong asked nervously.

"I really don't see why they wouldn't." You smiled reassuringly, but still unsure yourself. Your parents are strict people, the kind what wanted you to marry a successful business man, make a lot of money, have kids... So their 'normal'. Deep down you knew they'd want you to be happy, but convincing them that Jiyong is the right one for you... Now that was going to be difficult. He was basically the exact opposite of what they thought was an ideal man.

"But they would have every reason not to like me..." You could easily see how much he wanted to make a good impression on them.

"Just be yourself." Was the only advice you had for your boyfriend... Really, you're quite worried yourself.

"That's all I know how to be, so I'll try."

-later-

"(Y/N)!" You were pulled into an embrace by your mother. Your father just stood distastefully in the doorway.

"Hey mom..."

"And who's this...?"

"T-this is my boyfriend Jiyong."

Jiyong stuck his hand out taking your mothers, "it's nice to meet you."

She gave him a weak smile, "ah you too...." She looked at you, "You're just on time so let's eat."

Dinner was officially one of the most awkward situations you've ever been in before. It was quite obvious your parents hated Jiyong, though they knew that he was G-Dragon. Really, you didn't think it would be going this poorly.... Oh boy were you wrong.

"So from what I understand the entertainment business isn't always reliable." Your father said staring Jiyong down.

"Well sir, I've been in the business for over nine years now so for me it's quite steady." Your father just stared so Jiyong continued, "so if you're wondering about income, I'm definitely able to support." You were glad he said something about that. For some reason that's all your parents care about.

"Hmm." Your father seemed to nod semi approvingly. You're hoping to at least get your father on your side, though your mom will be more difficult.

***

"Why can't you just respect my decision?" You asked your mom.

"Because I don't like him! You should be with someone more stable, not like him."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh come on (Y/N)! He colors his hair, wears obnoxious clothes, is always in some controversy... He's not someone you should be with!" You felt years prick your eyes, fists clenching against the kitchen counter. You knew Jiyong was listening in on the conversation...

"We're leaving." You cried softly leaving the room.

Grabbing Jiyong's hand you lead him out of the house quickly. Of course your mother had more to say, but you weren't willing to hear it.

"I'm so sorry..." You cried into your hands. The two of you were at a nearby park to your apartment.

"It's not your fault." Jiyong rubbed your back softly. You could easily tell he was hurt.

"I don't see why they don't like you! It's not fair that you know have to deal with this!"

"Jagiya..." He sighed, "I'm upset, yes. But I'll win them over definitely."

With tears in your eyes you stared at your boyfriend's blurry figure, "I hope... At least my dad seemed to like you..."

"I believe he did. He wanted to know more about my career."

That made you smile, "oh good..."

"Don't let this get you down." Jiyong chuckled, "you know, this really should be bothering me more than you. It's me they don't like."

"I-I just feel guilty..."

"We'll be okay. I'm going to prove to them I'm perfect for you." Leaning in, he pressed a kiss to your lips before pulling you towards the car.

Hand in hand you felt better about the whole situation. Still guilt gnawed at you knowing that Jiyong must feel horrible- it just wasn't fair to him at all. Why your parents had to be like that, you weren't sure. But hopefully Jiyong is right about being able to win them over, and let's hope your parents can remain open.

But if you two can get through this, you should be fine throughout anything.