G-Dragon: Love for a Child

[this is going to be a GDxChild one shot.. I've been obsessing over this sort of thing lately so figured why not write one.... (D/N)= daughter's name]

Love for a Child:

*Third person pov*

Jiyong watched through his messy dark brown hair that covered the top of his eyes as the almost three year old little girl slept on the couch. Her eyes were closed peacefully, breathing steady, hair laid out around her angelically. He knew every movement she made when she slept, memorizing any possible thing that meant she could be having a nightmare. It was his job to protect her.

(D/N) was a quiet kid who never acted out or had fits. She'd sit there quietly during their dance practices and wouldn't be a bother in the studio. People always mentioned to the rapper how rare that was and that he was lucky; but Ji already knew how lucky he was.

Getting up from the love-seat in (D/N)'s room, he made his way over to her bed. He crouched down besides her sleeping form and allowed his fingers to run through her black hair softly. It was rare for her to actually stay in her own bed unless he was in the room; she always seemed to know if he left. The fact was, she was a great child, one of the sweetest; but her separation anxiety when she was away from father took a toll on him and even others. It was concerning nonetheless and would keep him up at night if he was on tour. He'd almost have to be on standby if there was a sudden call from his mom or sister. And when he was home.. no more late nights unless she was with him at the studio; and no more sleeping alone. Some studies showed that family beds do work best, but it was still concerning how she couldn't be alone for a mere five seconds. Sometimes he felt like he was failing as a parent.

The small three year old suddenly stirred grabbing the rapper's attention. He sat on the side of her bed now, so he'd be there when she awoke from her nap...

Another mumble escaped her mouth as her eyes began to flutter open. She had a moment of grogginess before panic began to set in- "a-appa?!"

"I'm right here sweetie." he said sending her a soft smile before she practically threw herself into his arms. He took a second to hug her before smoothing back her hair to make eye contact with the child, "are you hungry?"

(D/N) only nodded before placing her head on her father's chest once more. She didn't move from her spot squished up against him. Even when she did things like this it was impossible for Jiyong to grow frustrated or upset; even after hours of all night work. He let out a sigh before trying to move her small body off of him- she wouldn't budge, "honey? You gotta get off appa if you want food."

"No!"

"Honey we've talked about this-"

"No!!"

What was she so scared of? He tried to talk to her, tried having others ask, but no matter what she would just shrug. She'd just respond with needing to know where Jiyong was if he wasn't around. People saw the scared look in his eyes, knowing he was so lost on what he was supposed to do. Even Tablo tried to give advice, see if he could help wean the little girl off him.. yet nothing worked. (D/N) was persistent. But the moment she'd start to panic Jiyong always gave in, his heart would hurt and the worry would be too much.

Against what ever will she had, Ji simply stood up and took her with him, carrying her to the living room. She clung to him arms tightly wrapped around his neck and legs his waist. He sat her down on one of the leather couches before attempting to leave the room to go to the kitchen. He had stayed in her room while she slept for almost two hours just staying on his phone, he'd feel too guilty to even leave for a few minutes.

Immediately a pair of feet pattered behind him, "appa!"

He kept walking over to the fridge ignoring her soft pleas. Sometimes he just couldn't give into her so easily at first. (D/N)'s small arms wrapped around his legs tightly and she nuzzled her face into them.

"Would you like some juice?"

"Yes, and snack."

"What kind?"

The little girl thought, her mind trying to wrack through what she could be craving, "sweet cakes!"

Jiyong chuckled at her cute response. She loved those desserts of hers, "alright."

He loved seeing her smile as he gave her the food. She ate contently as he sat besides her eating leftovers from the other night. The two looked very similar as they sat side by side, everyone commented on it. The little girl's hair began to fall into her face and she let it be until Jiyong moved it behind her ear. He once again chuckled at her cuteness.

***

The members of YG had spent all night preparing for their upcoming concert, doing sound checks and running through songs. The whole night (D/N) tried to cling to her father but had to sit around watching as he performed. Her eyes never once wavered from his form as she sat helplessly wanting to be near him.

All night different groups were up to perform, loud music blared, lights streaming all around. Many people approached the young girl to dote on her but she didn't really care for it. Jiyong always made sure he could see her during times like these, or make sure one of his band mates had eyes on her. He knew she wouldn't run off to anywhere he wasn't, but it still bothered him.

"Ah (D/N)!" a familiar figure sat next to her that could always make her laugh. Seungri leaned closer and pinched her soft cheeks lightly making her laugh.

"Seungri-oppa!" she squeaked in a high pitch tone.

"How are you doing?"

"Good, you?"

"Tired." he smiled, "don't you think your appa is doing a good job?"

She nodded enthusiastically. Right now there was no music playing as Jiyong was running through where he'd be going on stage. Effects were being tested as well, "I want him to come over here.."

"He'll be done soon, don't worry hun."

***

Jiyong's mind raced as he saw the masses of paparazzi outside. It always angered him more than usual when he had his daughter with him, and they had all their cameras out and ready. He tried to keep her out of any limelight as much as he could.

"Seungri can you take her real quick."

"Yeah." (D/N) was fast asleep by this point and definitely wouldn't notice Seungri holding her for a few seconds.

The leader of Big Bang took his jacket off before taking his daughter back into his arms. He placed the fabric over her so she would be covered, "alright let's go."

Flashing lights stuck out in the dark night, coming from every which way. Loud shouts and talking her ear shattering. Bodies seemed to be everywhere as the artists tried to push through and security tried to help. It was always a mess once the media got involved- in anything. Jiyong kept his grip tight on (D/N), one arm firmly around her bottom and his other hand holding his jacket over her head to his chest. He silently prayed she wouldn't wake up now, fear was coursing through him now scared his little girl could possibly get hurt in this mess.

He was ushered into a big black car along with the other members of Big Bang. The moment he was in the car comfortably with (D/N) on his lap, arms tight around her, he was able to breathe. It did make him nervous not having the proper seating for her at this moment, but him holding her would have to do.

(D/N) let out a soft mumble before pulling her father's jacket around her tighter and nuzzling into his chest. Her breathing was light and steady per usual, she looked angelic.

Softly, Jiyong muttered into her hair, "It's okay. We'll be home soon... I love you."