Jay Park: Sleep

[OC's name is Yuna]

Prompt word #3: Restless

Sleep:

*First person pov*

I stared out from the balcony onto the city. It was probably about 2 am by now... Jay should be home soon. He'll be quite worried to see that I'm not sleeping, always saying I'll get sick. But it's not my fault, sleep's just becoming harder and harder to gain.

Yawning, my eyes began to feel heavy. This always happens, because then the moment I 'hit' my bed I'm no longer tired.

Soon you could hear some shuffling around from inside... Jay.

"Sweetheart why are you still up?" A large pair of hands were placed on my shoulders.

"It's peaceful, that's all." I smiled up at him. He shouldn't have to worry.

"Ah okay, come lets go to bed." Taking my hand into his he lead me inside, "I was wondering where you were until I saw the light outside." Jay chuckled softly.

"Don't worry I'm not dead." I joked tiredly.

"Mm you look so tired." Jay fussed stroking my hair.

"I am..."

"Then don't protest." He pulled me down onto the bed besides him.

"How could I?"

"True true." With Jay's arms wrapped securely around my waist I was able to relax slightly. Soon his breaths became light and patterned, but still I found myself wide awake. Not even a hint of tiredness could be felt.

I found myself moving around constantly unable to find a comfortable position. Strange... Normally sleeping in Jay's arms knocked me out immediately. I always felt safe. But now I'm trying to find a way to wriggle my way out of his grasp.

A soft groan of protest escaped my boyfriend's lips as I finally pushed him off. Still half asleep he simply rolled over unaware. 'He's so precious.' I smiled brushing a stray piece of hair from his face.

-one week later-

'Aish...' I groaned slightly trying to focus on my work. But I just couldn't... My eyes were heavy, I had a bad headache, gosh everything was getting so hard. Jay was starting to notice something about me was off, apparently when I'm running on two hours of sleep it's very noticeable.

"Yuna come on.... Just come to bed."

"I-I have to finish this."

"It's late, I'm tired, you're tired... I'm not giving you a choice." I didn't have the strength to protest with him at the moment and gave in, "why haven't you been sleeping?"

I sighed, "that noticeable?"

"Yeah it kind of is missy. I don't like watching you struggle to just keep your eyes open. What's wrong?" Jay secured me next to him with the covers wrapped around us.

"I just can't sleep..."

"Do you think you have insomnia?"

"I don't know..."

"Well let's not let that happen."

I nuzzled into his chest, "yeah..."

"Just relax baby." His hand creeped up under my shirt tracing shapes onto my back, "close your eyes..."

"B-but-"

"Don't argue, I'm trying to help you." He commanded.

Sighing I tried my best to not focus on everything I've been worrying about. I allowed my body to relax besides the man I love. Feeling a soft kiss on my forehead a smile tugged at my lips.

Faster than usual I felt myself slowly begin taking drift off for the first time in a few weeks.