Jay Park: Replacement

[this story is posted on my Tumblr @/write_your_life_away. don't worry no stealing taking place!]

Replacement:

*Second person pov*

Loving someone is officially one of the most difficult things ever, especially when you don't know how the other person feels. For so long now you've struggled with your feelings for the one and only Jay Park, aka your best friend. It's tough because how could he ever like someone like you? A total nerd, not too social, pretty much his exact opposite. So taking a measure towards forgetting your feelings for him seemed like a must.

When you met Woojin at your University he seemed ultimately sweet. So when he asked you out, it seemed perfect. Still, you told him about your feelings so he knew, but was still wanting to date. It felt nice to have someone hold you up so high, but every time you two did something all you could think about was Jay. It made you upset, how was that fair on you or Woojin? It wasn't. But this is obviously the first step at forgetting your actual feelings.

But now, you'd be giving the news to Jay since he just asked you out for coffee. Maybe it'll be best to just end the whole friendship...

"Hey!" Jay perked up when he saw you entering and coming towards him, "I got you your favorite."

"Thanks." You did your best to seem happy, but you were actually terrified.

"You okay?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Alright, well... anything new?"

You took a deep breath saying bluntly, "I have a boyfriend now."

Jay's eyes widened in shock. He got beaten to it?! How... "O-oh that's great (Y/N)..."

"Yeah."

"Is he nice?"

"He is-"

"If he hurts you, I'll hurt him." You could see a different emotion in his eyes, one you've never seen before- sadness.

"Thanks..."

"Hey uh, I gotta go and work... I forgot, sorry." Jay got up and left almost immediately. You thought it was strange he'd just get up and leave so abruptly, especially after hearing that- wait. Was he upset that you have a boyfriend? Is it possible that he- no. Don't think like that...

Jay felt a stabbing feeling over and over with every step he took away from you. It hurt. He wanted to be the man who made you smile, happy, be able to kiss you. Now he couldn't have that. But there's no way that your boyfriends the one for you... because he, Jay Park, most definitely is.

***

Soon hours turned into days, and days into weeks. But still there was barely any contact between you and Jay. At first you thought 'good', but now your starting to see how important of a role he played in your life. You'd always go to him for help, if you were sad/hurt, he'd make you laugh, constantly want you to cuddle with him, and always protect you... You've even had to share a bed before. But you just thought that's what it meant to be "best friends" and you couldn't admit you liked him. There was no way, it would just ruin everything.

Now, you're also starting to see just how much you love him, and that these past thee weeks have been pretty horrible.

You thought you missed Jay? He missed you more. Knowing that he lost you has caused him to fall into denial and a slight depression.

Trying to write music has become boring... Jay couldn't help but hate himself for letting this happen, all he had to do was man up and ask you out.

***

"I really like you (Y/N)... but I know your heart belongs to that guy. I think you should choose." Woojin said.

"But... That's so mean to do..."

"You kinda have to. It's not your fault though, you're an amazing girl."

You took a deep breath, "Then... I'm sorry."

"I figured," he sighed, "I still wanna be friends. We could catch a movie and you could tell me all about him?" Woojin smiled placing a hand on your shoulder.

"Sure." You could feel your heart starting to race... Maybe this was just meant to be.

***

Knocking on Jay's door was one of the most physically and emotionally exhausting things you've ever had to do...

"(Y/N)?" Jay looked at you shocked, "It's been awhile..."

"Yeah..."

"Why are you here?"

"We broke up."

"Really?" He felt himself perk up at the statement.

"Yeah... I really don't mind though."

"Why?"

"I realized who I truly loved."

"And who's that?" He felt himself take a deep breath waiting for your reply. He wanted to be the one to make you happy... That's really all he wanted in this whole world.

"You."