209.Buying A Present

Sherlock walked around, humming quietly. He was just on an ordinary walk, looking around and deducting strangers, enjoying the cold air and soft drizzle of snow. He passed a store, catching something in the corner of his eye. He stepped back, staring through the window.

He recognised that item. John told Sherlock he wanted it for his birthday, Christmas, or something else. Sherlock walked inside, checking his watch. He looked back up, walking to the front desk and buying the item before walking out the door, smiling.

John was at home, probably in the living room playing with his toddler daughter. Sherlock had six-- no, seventeen ideas of how to get to his room without being noticed.

Slowly walking inside the flat, Sherlock went through the kitchen to his room. He heard John and Rosamund in the living room, playing. He was such a good father and friend, he deserved everything to be good in his life. Sherlock wrapped up the present and walked out the the living room, sitting down next to John.

“Shezza!” Rosie threw her arms above her head, then around Sherlock as she hugged him. When Rosamund started understanding things a while ago, she heard Bill Wiggins call him Shezza and she wouldn't stop since then.

Sherlock put his hands on her back and returned the hug. She pulled away after a while, giggling.

“Aw,” John whispered, picking up his daughter and bringing her closer. He set her on his lap and she put her hand against his, looking at the size difference before curling her small little fingers between his bigger ones and holding his hand.

“You're such a good father, John,” Sherlock said, looking at them. John nodded and smiled widely.

“Sit over there, please.” John pointed over next to the wall. Sherlock nodded and crawled over there, sitting down. Rosamund was going to crawl over to Sherlock, but John picked her up, looking down at his baby, smiling brightly.

"Come on... Let's walk. I got you." He held her tiny hands and tried to get her to walk. "Come on... To Sherlock. To Sherlock.." He cooed.

"You're smart. You can do it." Sherlock assured softly. Her tiny feet barely moved. Rosie was whining softly and trying to pull away, so of course John let her down. It was then that she crawled to Sherlock. Giggling happily as she reached up for his curls. She grasped them graciously and pulled on them.

Sherlock mumbled something, leaning down so she could pull his hair. "This is highly uncomfortable, Rosamund." He whispered to her, picking her up and holding her softly, her little legs hanging out from above his arms and her head pressing against his shoulders, chubby arms around his neck. He relaxed a bit, rubbing her back.

John walked over to them, taking Rosie into his own arms and holding her up. She giggled, her little hands wrapping around the collar of his jumper and playing with it.

“Say dada.” John sat back, letting her sit down on his lap and look at him.

“Daddy!” She lifted her arms up, laughing.

“Yeah, Daddy!” John rubbed her back and leant over to kiss her forehead. She smiled widely and wiggled out of John's arms, crawling onto Sherlock's lap.

“Other Daddy!” She rose her hands up to put them on Sherlock's shoulders, leaning up to kiss his cheek.

Sherlock blushed and shook his head, picking her up. “No, Rosamund. I'm not your other daddy.” He said, walking over to her crib and setting her down in it. “Why don't you go to sleep?” He asked, kissing her forehead and tucking her in. She yawned, curling up under the blanket and going to sleep. Sherlock smiled and walked back to be is room.

He came out with his hands behind his back, walking to John. “Hey, John. I have to give something to you, but I didn't want to while Rosamund was watching.” He sat down, holding out John's present. Joh opened it and smiled.

“Aw, you're sweet!” John put his arms around Sherlock, hugging him. “Thank you,Sherlock,” he whispered, nuzzling his face against Sherlock's neck.

Sherlock put his hands on John's back, kissing his head softly and hugging him back. The kiss was too soft for John to notice, but Sherlock was happy he kissed him anyways. John though, he lifted his head up and kissed Sherlock's lips. Sherlock was stunned for a moment before kissing him back.