243.That Couple

“J-John,” Sherlock tugged on his best friend's sleeve, an unknown feeling of nervousness washing over him. He felt like he was about to get on a stage in front of the world's population and give an embarrassing comedy act.

“Yes, Sherlock?” John asked, turning around to look at his friend. Sherlock was stunned immediately, he kept walking, but his face was expressionless. John was so handsome, and he did this to Sherlock sometimes. His mouth felt dry and he wasn't sure if he would be able to say what he was thinking before his chance slipped away.

They were only friends, but they've gotten comfortable with the idea of love. They often kissed each other, slept cuddling in Sherlock's bed, held hands, and even once took a shower together, but they never became actual boyfriends.

The thought of messing up and embarrassing himself tugged at Sherlock's mind. He didn't know what to do, he felt so panicky, his palms were sweaty and his pulse was raised. John was waiting for an answer. He needed to say something.

“Uhm…” he eventually said, then someone bumped into them. His chances of flirting with John were over!

John looked up at a couple that'd been walking and bumped into them. The woman's arm was locked with the man's, although she paid complete attention to her phone, texting away. Sherlock deducted she was speaking to a friend.

“Watch where you're going, shrimp!” The man, who had bumped into John, warned him. John pressed himself against Sherlock's side uncomfortably and held his hand. The girl who was dating the man looked up and blew a strand of orange red bangs out of her eyes. She seemed to glare at the homosexual couple with disgust.

“We apologise, Ma’am and Sir, for bumping into you.” Sherlock said, then walked off with John. He peeked back at them as they walked off. Sherlock sighed and looked at his boyfriend.

“What's their problem?” John asked to Sherlock, who realised another opportunity to flirt with John.

“They're just jealous they're not as cute, close, and romantically suited as we are.” Sherlock ruffled John's hair softly.

John smiled and blushed, turning away from Sherlock with a smile. “Yeah, that's right. The girl wasn't even talking to her boyfriend, and he seemed to have some sort of anger problem.”

“Caused by years of verbal abuse by an older sister.” Sherlock chimed in, whistling. John grinned and squeezed his hand. They walked home, smiling at each other.