314.First Husband

Thanks internet. You give me many prompts. 👍👍

Maybe if my followers want to get as many thanks as the internet gets, they can comment here ideas for future one shots? Yeah… maybe :>  -----

Sherlock sighed and looked over to his flatmate, who was sitting in his armchair, reading the newspaper and dressed in his robe as he waited for his hair to dry.

There was nothing to do today. There was a thunderstorm outside, which left John and Sherlock with a pretty inactive day.

John had already been prepared to do his most active activity for the day: nothing.

Sherlock, too. Even if he was getting restless.

He pulled his legs up and perched himself on his chair, steepling his fingers. He stared intently at the other man.

After awhile, John looked up, frowning softly. “Why are you staring at me?” He asked.

“Oh, nothing.” Sherlock shifted, deciding to do something he wouldn't regularly do. Just because he was bored… and because John had taken away the bullets to his gun. “I was just thinking about how you look a lot like my first husband.” He said casually.

John rose a brow. “I-I didn't think you ever married before… how many husbands have you had…?”

Sherlock shrugged. “None yet.” He said.

John was silent for a moment, before his cheeks burned pink. He looked away. “Oh my god,” he whispered to himself.

Sherlock watched his reaction with a gentle smile. John was very adorable whenever he was flustered.

The doctor turned back to Sherlock, smiling a little. He thought Sherlock was so beautiful. With that purple shirt, and those beautiful curls that always looked just right.

He especially loved moments like these, when Sherlock was sitting there casually, staring at him with the most satisfied, mysterious smile.

“I'm not sure how I should flirt back.” John said after a moment.

“You don't need to.” Sherlock said. “It must be a shocker to hear that from me.”

John nodded softly. “Yeah. God, and I-I prepared for this…”

Sherlock's pale cheeks lit up with a soft red. “You prepared for this?” He asked.

John blushed more. He stood up. “Well, I guess I've got to be honest to you.” He set his hands on Sherlock's shoulders and looked down at him, smiling. He leant over and kissed his lips softly.

Sherlock's eyes widened. He almost pulled away, but he calmed himself down and leant in, wrapping his arms around John, who smirked into his perfect lips.

“Are we going to get married?” John whispered.

Sherlock blushed more, pulling John closer. “Let's take it slow for awhile… but eventually, yeah…”

John smiled, hugging Sherlock close. “Alright. I love you.”

“I love you, too, John…” Sherlock whispered, patting John's head. He couldn't believe how easy it was. He got John's heart in a few seconds.