231.Labels

Funny story, when I wrote down the line “will you be my boyfriend?” The word hostage showed up in my recommendation list to replace boyfriend and I'm like OH! IDEA FOR A FANFIC! Hostage! I will turn that into something great!..... Someday... When I feel like it.... Idk how, but I will. ;-;
-------

“Besides,” Sherlock said, looking down at the man that held his hand as they walked. “they're just labels anyways.”

“Just labels?” John asked, staring up at his friend. “Everything had labels for a reasons. Cats are cats, dogs are dogs, humans are humans. You can't call a human another label and expect it to be the same. You can't call them a fish, or they'll wonder what you mean. Labels are here for a reason.”

“But I don't know why we have to change our label,” Sherlock said, looking around himself at the scenery as they walked through the park. He wasn't much for scenery, but it was very nice this season.

“Because we love each other. Don't you want to be official?” John asked, looking up at Sherlock.

“Boyfriends is a little much…” Sherlock commented, meeting John's stare. He let out a soft sigh and paused from walking, he cupped John's face. “I'm not ready for this,” he whispered.

“I know, Baby, but it'll be alright. You're okay with me, and I'll treat you good and make you happy. I'll teach you what it's like to have a full heart.” He said, smiling as he set a hand on Sherlock's heart. “If you ever need a break, it's okay.”

Sherlock smiled, “Oh, John, that's so touching,” he whispered, leaning over and kissing him. John returned the kiss.

“So will you be my boyfriend?” John asked after they pulled away. “Will you accept the label and give us a chance?” He smiled a little and continued, “I love you, Sherlock.”

“Okay, but only because you're the best friend I could ever ask for, and I know you'll be the best boyfriend, too.” Sherlock said, smiling. John leant up to kiss him, and it wasn't long before they were making out.

It happened a lot, even when they were strictly only friends, they'd still end up making out or sleeping with each other. That's one reason why John wanted them to be in a relationship, they already loved each other so much.