331.Mrs Hudson Was Right

"I don't think that's how it works," Sherlock said, lifting a cup of morning tea to his lips.

"Oh, of course it is!" Mrs Hudson smiled widely. "Love messes with people in wonderful ways, Dear."

Sherlock rolled his eyes. "If they were to just step into the same room, why would the person with the crush freak out? It's not like they did anything. The crush just walked into the room."

"Hey, Mrs Hudson, have you seen my phone?" John asked, stepping into the room. Sherlock's face flushed to pink in an instant, and he froze.

John yawned, scratching the back of his neck. He was wearing a pair of camouflage sweatpants, and a t-shirt to match.

"Oh, yes, Dear. You left it downstairs yesterday. Do you want me to bring it up?"

"Yeah," John nodded. "Thanks."

Mrs Hudson smiled and left the room. John ran a hand through his messy hair and smiled at Sherlock. "Hey, Sherlock."

Sherlock's mind was racing. His heart was pounding. He felt like he couldn't breathe. After a minute of awkward silence, Sherlock slowly nodded. "John." He said acknowledgingly.

John smiled softly. Mrs Hudson came back up and handed John his phone. "Thanks, Mrs H." John smiled. He waved to Sherlock, then walked back upstairs.

Sherlock coughed and sipped his tea.

"Maybe you're right, Mrs Hudson..." He whispered.

She smiled. "Right about what?"

Sherlock was silent.