291.Taking Advantage of Worry

“Well, if you won't let me, I'll just sleep on the couch for the rest of the week. By the way, that's the side of the bed I wanted to sleep on.” Sherlock said, standing up. He picked up two blankets and a pillow, walking slowly out of the room and waiting for John to stop him.

“I said you couldn't cuddle with me tonight.” John said, moving to the other side of the bed. “You need punishments like this, otherwise, you'll just get high again.” He shifted a little and closed his eyes. “Alright, Darling. Have a good sleep. Bye.”

Sherlock stared at his boyfriend, surprised. He hadn't expected that. His plan didn't work?! What?! “Uhm..” he mumbled awkwardly, staring at the bed. It looked very inviting. “Okay, goodnight.” He turned and walked out of the room, feeling anxious and scared. What if this was the end of their relationship? Would they break up? Just because Sherlock decided to get high?

Sherlock laid down on the couch and closed his eyes, not knowing if he would be able to sleep. A few minutes later, their fluffy tabby cat walked into the room and looked at Sherlock. They've had her for more than a year now, but Sherlock was just starting to get used to the idea of a cat in the flat.

She didn't sit, or pause, she started meowing frantically and jumping, acting like John was in trouble. Sherlock could see through the act, but to stop her, he stood up and walked into the room.

The cat jumped up to the bed and rolled onto her back, meowing and nuzzling the blankets, as if telling Sherlock to lay down.

Shaking his head, Sherlock whispered, “I can't. I'm not allowed.”

He walked out of the room and closed the door so the cat, who was named Pixie, couldn't get to him.

Sherlock settled back down and a few minutes later, he heard the door fling open and John run in, going over to him a as if he was in a marathon and the first person to get to Sherlock won.

“Are you okay?!” John asked a little panicked, sitting down on the edge of the couch and pulling Sherlock into a hug.

“I'm.. uhm… excuse me?” Sherlock asked, confused.

“Pixie woke me up. She was acting like you were hurt. Are you okay? What happened?” He asked, running his fingers through Sherlock's hair and then cupping his face. Sherlock found it a little comical that John believed the cat.

“Uh…” At that moment, Sherlock realised he could use this for himself. He wanted John, and all the affection and love he had to offer. So immediately, Sherlock started thinking of a plan so John would bring him back. He put a hand on his head and frowned. “I hit my head pretty hard. It hurts. It really hurts.” He leant into John, gripping his chest.

Believing his lie, John wrapped his arms around Sherlock's body and pulled him close. “Well, you can't sleep on the couch if you're hurt.” He said, kissing Sherlock a few times and holding him close. John stood up and held out his hands, Sherlock took his wrists and pulled himself up.

John wrapped his arms around Sherlock's thighs and pulled him up. Smiling, Sherlock wrapped his legs around John's waist and hugged onto him. John carried him back to their room, then left to get the blankets and pillow Sherlock brought out.

He came back in and tucked Sherlock in with the blankets. “Do you need anything?”

“No.”

“You don't want a cup of water, or an ice pack?” John laid down, pulling Sherlock close and holding him.

“I just need you to stay with me.” Sherlock smiled and closed his eyes, leaning into his boyfriend.

“I'll stay with you. I promise I won't leave…” He rubbed Sherlock's back, kissing his cheek a few times.

“Thank you.” Sherlock said, feeling peaceful. At least he wasn't going to be sleeping out on the couch for a week.