274.Second One To Say That

“Thank you, Mike, for talking with me. I really appreciate this, I needed to talk with someone...” John said, sitting down on the bench with his friend and smiling at him.

“Alright, John, what's been bothering you?” Mike Stamford asked, taking a sip of his coffee. John sighed and leant against the wooden bench, remembering when he limped down this path and Mike saw him and introduced him to his boyfriend Sherlock Holmes.

“Well…” John frowned. “You remember Sherlock, right? Erm…” he frowned, sipping his coffee and fiddling with his thumbs. “I’ve been thinking about marriage.”

“Really?” Mike chuckled and smiled. “You're the second person to say that to me today.”

“Huh?” John smiled, intrigued. “Who was the first?”

Then, it hit him. “Oh!” He dropped his coffee, putting his hands over his lips. “Oh! Sherlock?!”

Mike gave him a mysterious smile and went back to sip his coffee.

John had a sparkle in his eyes. He picked up his spilled coffee and put the cup in a trash can. “Thanks for the talk, Mike. I have to go!”

~~~~

Sherlock browsed the rings, walking slowly as he went passed everything. He wondered what John would appreciate, or if he would even accept the ring. “What do you suggest?” He asked the man behind the counter.

“Well, if you really want to impress that special lady if yours, I suggest this ring.” He pointed to one that looked very pretty, but too feminine for John.

“Oh, actually,” Sherlock blushed softly. “I'm getting married to a man.”

The cashier was silent for a moment before walking to the men's rings, “We don't yet a lot of homosexual folks around here.”

Sherlock chuckled shyly and walked to the rings. He felt very odd being in a jewelry shop, looking for an engagement ring. He put his hands in his pockets and smiled a little, looking at the rings the man suggested for him.

“What's he like?” The cashier asked, grinning.

“Oh, he's wonderful… he has the most beautiful blue eyes, precious blond hair, adorable smile and, heh… he's sort of short and it's adorable..” Sherlock smiled, thinking of his amazing boyfriend. It made him uncharacteristically shy thinking of John.

“Oh, cool, sort of like him?” The man asked, pointing to someone behind Sherlock. Curious, Sherlock turned around.

He squeaked and stepped back, “U-uhm… erm… h-hello, John… I-I, uh, uhm…”

John tilted his head, noticing that the cashier behind Sherlock was giggling at what was happening.

“It's for a case!” Sherlock said abruptly, dashing out of the store. John watched him run off and frowned.

“Come back, Sherlock!” He laughed, going outside. He looked around for Sherlock and saw him leaning against the wall of another building, breathing heavily, face red with blush.

“Hey, Babe, you can't do that. Come on, come back, I want to see what you get me.” John smiled and took Sherlock's hand.

Sherlock shook his head. “This was a mistake.. I'm sorry I came here… y-you shouldn't have caught me-- I-I'm going home...” Sherlock ran off and got a cab before John could say anything.

John took out his phone and called Sherlock, who picked up after a few rings.

“Come back you chicken, too scared to marry me?” John asked.

“I-It was my first time actually wanting to marry someone and you caught me. I feel so embarrassed...”

“Aw, you're so cute.” John laughed softly. “Come back, Love. Come on.”

“Fine…”

Sherlock sighed and hung up, arriving a few minutes later. He stepped out of the cab and walked to John, leaning over and kissing him. “I want to marry you, John,” he whispered, kissing John's cheek. “I love you.”

John smiled and walked with Sherlock back into the jewelry store. “Then go buy me a ring.”

Sherlock blushed and walked back up to the front desk, looking through the glass at the display of rings. He bought one, then went outside and proposed to John.