236.There's A Ghost

I apologise for the inconvenience yesterday. I write ahead, so I have stories for tomorrow and the day after. I had the pool one, then this one, but I accidentally published this one and didn't notice for a bit. Apologies, but I know those who have already read this won't want to read it again as today's fanfic, so I'll upload another one today too.
-----

John pulled his legs up to his chest and looked around. He focused to Sherlock, who was in his seat, quietly reading a newspaper with their big pet yellow snake around him. He was so casual, just scanning across the paper for a case.

When he felt the other man's eyes on him, Sherlock looked up. “Need something, Love?” He asked John, who shook his head. Everything seemed so dark, like someone took all the bright colours from their flat and left them with blacks, whites, and dark browns.

He didn't know what was wrong, but he didn't feel okay, and he didn't like the feeling he got that someone was watching him. He stood up and walked to Sherlock, holding out his hand for Incendium, Latin for fire, slithered onto his arm. He pet her softly, and she got comfortable by wrapping herself around John's neck and shoulder loosely. He pet her, smiling a little.

John sat back down, letting the snake’s head rest on his shoulder and the rest of her body around his back. She was a big snake, but she was a sweetheart.

John heard a crash and looked up. Sherlock was gone from his seat, and wasn't anywhere in the flat, but something fell. It was a vase of flowers Sherlock had given John, and they were in the kitchen. Recently they'd been on the table, but now they were on the ground. John stood up and walked into the kitchen, looking at the broken vase and wilting flowers. He leant down and picked them up, starting to clean up the mess.

He cleaned everything up, and while he was, he saw the ring that was on his finger. He smiled a little, remembering the moment Sherlock proposed to him and gave him that ring.

John stood up, getting everything away before turning to go back into the living room. He saw all the papers at the desk flutter off, and Sherlock was back in his chair. The snake around John's shoulders raised her head and looked at the mess on the ground, but Sherlock didn't even look at it.

He slowly went closer and saw a teacup fly off the kitchen table. John jumped to Sherlock and sat on his lap. Incendium moved around so she was wrapped around the two of them, and even though she wasn't soft and fluffy like a cat, she was reassuring.

“Is everything alright, my love?” Sherlock asked, setting a hand on John's waist. John shook his head.

“Didn't you just see those things?” He asked. “There must be something haunting us.”

The next few days, John was 'haunted’ by something and it wouldn't leave him alone. By the end of the week, the flat was a mess because all the broken stuff. Sherlock kept saying there were no ghosts haunting him, but he knew there were.

One day, while they were having a discussion, John leant towards Sherlock to hug him, but ended up falling over onto the ground. John looked up at Sherlock, wondering if he had cruelly moved over so John would fall. He didn't see his friend though. John stood up and stumbled a bit, looking around. “Darling?” He asked.

The next day, he was looking at himself in a mirror while doing his morning routine, and he saw Sherlock suddenly appear behind him. John turned around quickly, but, he saw nothing. He looked back to the mirror and Sherlock wasn't there.

The day after that, John rushed downstairs to Mrs Hudson after the ghost that's been haunting him picked one of his books up and dropped it loudly on the floor. He told her Sherlock wouldn't help and something was up there.

She responded with telling him it was probably Sherlock that was the ghost, trying to get his attention. He had been dead for a few months, and John was losing his mind without him.