216.Undying Love

Today was the funeral of famous Consulting Detective Sherlock Holmes, he was important to people, he made a difference in all their lives, but John just couldn't stop thinking about the crush he developed for him over the years. Before he jumped, John was going to tell him, but he was interrupted and now he was depressed. He looked down as he slowly shuffled into the building and took a seat.

He messed around with something in his pocket, looking up as the funeral started. Sherlock's parents weren't there. He wondered where his parents were, what kind of parent skips out on their son's funeral?

John rested his face in his hands and sobbed, why did this have to happen? Why did he have to jump? Couldn't people just leave him alone and stop all the damned drama?!

John looked up, eventually getting out of his seat. He walked closer to the coffin even though everyone was sitting down and now someone who John didn't care to look at was speaking.  He interrupted the man and walked through the aisle, stopping at his best friend's coffin.

"I love you..." He whispered softly, reaching down and taking Sherlock's hand. "I needed you so much, and I'll always miss you for the rest of my life... Which isn't going to be long... I am nothing without you, Sherlock Holmes." John hung his head down and sobbed, reaching his spare hand into his pocket and pulling out a gun. Everyone behind him gasped, he put it to his chest and closed his eyes. "Goodbye, Sherlock." And with that, he pulled the trigger.

Everyone that came to the funeral was terrified. As they started to walk up to the dead man, the window crashed open and Sherlock ran in, not actually being dead and having faked it. John was still breathing, there was still time.

"Call an ambulance, somebody, please!" He yelled, looking around the room. Mycroft stepped up and pulled out his phone, calling an ambulance and explaining it was urgent.

John was brought to the hospital and survived. He woke up with Sherlock next to him, holding his hand. They smiled at each other for a few minutes before Sherlock moved a little closer, "I love you too," he whispered, leaning in and kissing his lips. John closed his eyes and weakly set a hand on Sherlock's shoulder, kissing him softly. "I need to go. I might be gone for weeks, months, or even years, but I will try and call you whenever I can." He kissed John again, putting a hand on his cheek and tilting his face.

"Okay... Sherlock.." John mumbled weakly, pulling away from the kiss when he needed to breathe.

"I love you, don't forget that." He reached his hand into his pocket and pulled out a ring, "This is not an engagement ring. I had it made for you... awhile ago, actually, I never found the courage to give it to you." He took John's hand, slipping the ring onto his finger. "This is a promise that I will make it back safe, and don't ever stop believing in me. I'll be back before you know it.."

John smiled and looked down at the ring, taking it off and looking at the inside. Engraved in it was 'JW + SH ❤'. On the outside, there was a pretty black diamond and it had 'I love you' engraved in the metal. John put it on and threw his arms around Sherlock.

"I'll never forget, Sherlock. I'll believe in you, I'll never stop believing, you're going to come back fine, and when you do, I want you to kiss me, and kiss me deeply and passionately, I'll be waiting." He pressed his lips against Sherlock's quickly before pulling away.

"I want that kiss now." Sherlock said, standing up. He cupped both cheeks of John's face and leant over, kissing him passionately and deeply, eyes closed, tongues playing. This felt so good. So loving.

After they pulled away, John smiled up at him. "Now I'll need more than a kiss when you come back." He whispered, running his hands through Sherlock's hair.

"And I'll be glad to deliver. But I have to go now." Sherlock smiled charmingly at John before leaving. That was the last John saw of Sherlock until he came back two years later and walked into the flat, silently snuck up to behind John, and set hands on his shoulders.

John jumped up when that happened and looked at his boyfriend. He'd been playing with the ring when Sherlock came in and couldn't help but smile. He wrapped his arms around Sherlock and kissed him deeply. It was a heartbreaking and such a loving reunion.