350.The Fans

Ring ring ring

John, who was recovering from a recent failed suicide attempt, looked up from the newspaper. He looked at Sherlock, who was ignoring the ringing, laying on the couch. John stood up and put his newspaper down. He shuffled to the door, opening it slowly.

“Hello, John!” There were ten strangers standing there. John jumped back, startled. The people held out bouquets of flowers and some chocolates.

“Uhm--” John took the ten bouquets, a little overwhelmed. “Wh-what’s this for?” He asked.

The strangers, fans of him and Sherlock, all smiled. “You’ve been really depressed these last few weeks.” They said. “We wanted to cheer you up.”

John smiled softly. “Oh, that's so kind…!” He smiled and put the flowers and chocolates down, then gave them each a hug and picture if they wanted one. “You're all so amazing.”

The fans smiled. “We got something else for you.” One of them said.

“Huh?” John tilted his head. A fan walked forward and gave him a jar of jam. John laughed. The fan base was so weird.

“Thank you…” John took the jar and smiled. This really made him happy. The fans told him how much they loved him, how amazing he was, how they were so happy he was alive. John felt so loved for the first time in months. When they left, John put the jam away and showed Sherlock the flowers. Then, he sat on his chair and ate chocolate for awhile, blushing and smiling. Sherlock adored how happy that made John.