219.He Does Love Him

“So are the rumors about you and Sherlock true?” Molly asked, looking up at John from her seat.

John, who'd been sent by Sherlock to give Molly something so she could do some forensics and chemistry stuff with it, shook his head.

“No.” John answered with a frown.

The rumors around them were greatly involved in their 'relationship.’ everyone thinks they're boyfriends.

“Do you love him though?” She asked, swirling around a little glass bottle.

John looked down, staring at the floor.

“You do,” she whispered. “John, listen to me, no matter how many years you chase that man's love, he’ll never return it. Even if you try and try so hard.” She frowned at him before looking back at her work.

“I know. I love him so much, but he doesn't love me. He doesn't understand the feeling of love, and he'd never love me.”

“You wouldn't know, Watson.” Sherlock's sudden voice filled the room.

Molly and John both looked up and turned. Walking out of the shadows was Sherlock, his hands behind his back, a smile on his lips.

A blush spread across John's face and he turned away. “You heard?”

“I think you underestimate my feelings and emotions, John. Especially about love, I don't even understand it, so I know you don't.” He walked closer to John, smiling a little.

John blushed harder and he looked away even more. Sherlock took John's hands, making him look up. They made eye contact.

“So…” John glanced back, Molly was there, staring at them with a surprised expression. He turned back to Sherlock. “What-- what does this mean?”

“I love you, too.” He said, smiling a little at John, whose face turned entirely red.

“Oh-- o-oh!” He smiled widely, wrapping his arms around Sherlock's neck and leaning up to kiss him. Sherlock's hands set gently on John's waist and he kissed him back.

Molly stood up from her chair suddenly and walked away. Sherlock and John didn't pay attention though, they just continued to kiss each other, until finally pulling away because they needed to breathe.