239.Objection!

John looked up at Mary and gave her a crooked smile, his expression happy, but inside he was just sad.

Mary took John's hand and looked into his eyes. “It's okay, John. Sherlock's in a better place now.”

“Still… I feel bad about him dying and then moving on so quickly…” he muttered, having second thoughts about their wedding.

“If these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace.” The priest said, scanning the crowd.

All the phones in the room wrang from a text and people checked it.

“It says ‘I object’!” someone shouted out. People started whispering to each other.

John took out his phone and turned it on, reading the text.

I object.
SH

John stopped breathing. He dropped Mary's hand, looking at the text. Mary took quick action. “I-Ignore it everyone!” She said. “Just some wannabe Sherlock, no worries.”

The large door of the entrance opened with a push, and in came Sherlock, wearing a slightly blood stained tuxedo. He wiped the red liquid from his face and walked down the aisle. “John,” he said, if not a bit breathlessly. “You can't do this, John.” He looked quite beat and he couldn't get enough air in. He closed his eyes and bent over a bit, then stood up and walked to John, taking his hand. “Please, John, understand that I'm terribly sorry about everything, I never wanted to leave you, but it had to happen. It was to protect you, Mrs Hudson, Molly, Mycroft, all of my friends.”

John's phone dropped from where he held it and Sherlock took his hand. “John, forgive me.”

The shocked expression on John's face didn't seem reassuring. Sherlock started speaking again, explaining how he did it, but John stopped him. He leant forwards and held his hand, their foreheads pressing together. “It's okay,” he whispered quietly.

“John, I know this is inappropriate to say at your wedding, but I love you…” he whispered. John leant up and connected their lips, kissing Sherlock softly.

Sherlock slowly took his hands away from John’s and wrapped them around his shoulders, kissing him back. “I take this as a wrongfully right objection to your future with Mary?” Sherlock asked as they pulled away, their eyes sparkling.

“I've known you longer, and I've loved you ever since the start.” John kissed Sherlock again. This time, the kiss became passionate and so, so desperately loving. Mrs Hudson cheered and clapped her hands.

----

“If these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace.” The priest repeated as he said before, and nobody objected. “Then the groom may kiss the--” he observed the couple. “other groom.”

Sherlock cupped John's cheeks, leaning down to kiss him. “I love you, John.”

“I love you, too, Husband.” John whispered softly, tilting his head into the kiss, enjoying the taste and overall feeling of doing this with Sherlock Holmes-- WatsonHolmes.