269.Ordinary

"Wait, aren't you going to bring me?" John asked, following his friend and wife.

"No, we can't. You need to stay home." Sherlock said and looked at John.

John frowned, crossing his arms. "Why?" He asked, pouting.

Sherlock pointed to the baby waddling around in the living room, giggling and trying to walk. She was learning fast.

"Mary?" He asked, looking at her with a frown.

"We need someone to take care of Rosamund." She walked to him and tried to kiss him, but he pulled away from her and walked to his baby. He picked Rosie up and walked to the door, putting on her shoes and jacket. He put on his own shoes and parka, then walked out of the flat, angry.

Mary sighed quietly, watching John leave with Rosie.

Sherlock was already gone, following his best friend. "John!" He yelled, running over to him.

"I'm taking Rosamund to the park." John grumbled. He heard Mary catch up with him and felt angrier. "Go away," he pulled Rosie up close.

"Why are you upset, John?" Sherlock asked, setting a hand on the man's shoulder.

"Because ever since we learned about Mary's secret, you've both been thinking of me as just another ordinary person." John turned around to see the both of them. "It was never like this before, when it was only me and Sherlock. Now he goes on cases with the assassin instead of the doctor. I've been replaced by my own wife and I don't like it. I hate being left home alone while my old life is being taken over by someone I love. This isn't far. You don't know how it feels and then then you're like 'John, why are you so angry?' I'm angry because you act like I'm an idiot! Am I not good enough for you??!" He frowned and turned around, walking away fast.

"John!" Sherlock yelled, running after him. Mary didn't run, but she walked to them, a bit behind.

Sherlock stopped John from walking. "Please John, don't be angry."

"Daahdah!" Rosie reached up for Sherlock, who smiled a little. She called him and John her dads, and Mary her mom.

"Look, Rosamund doesn't want you to be angry." He leant over and kissed Rosamund's forehead. She giggled and reached for his hand, nuzzling their noses together.

Sherlock smiled softly, setting a hand on Rosie's back and the other cupping her cheek. She giggled and squealed, kicking her legs in excitement. "Dahdy!" She said, messing with his hair and face. Sherlock loved Rosamund like she was really his own child. He took her out of John's arms and held her, her back against his chest.

John smiled, they were adorable. He moved closer to Sherlock and took Rosamund's hands, kissing her a few times.

"How adorable," Mary walked to them and smiled. John blushed and looked over to her.

Rosie squealed, reaching out to her mother, who took her hand and kissed her cheek.

John smiled happily, looking back up to his friend. He always admired Sherlock when he looked truly happy, he thought it was adorable.

Sherlock caught John's gaze and looked down at him. They stopped playing with Rosamund and stared into each other's eyes, their smiles falling.

Mary rose a brow at their odd behaviour, wondering what they were doing.

It didn't take long before Sherlock leant down and John leant up, and they kissing each other. John set his hands on Sherlock's shoulders, tilting his head. They kissed deeply and almost passionately. John pulled away after a moment, forgetting he had a wife, forgetting that Rosamund was laying right in Sherlock's arms and they just kissed above her. He forgot that they were in public and that Sherlock wasn't the one he was married to.

"John Watson!" Mary said, surprised. John turned back to her, sinking back a little. "And Sherlock! What are you doing kissing him right in front of me?" She asked, walking up to them. She took Rosie out of Sherlock's hands, grabbed John by his arm, and walked away.

Sherlock stood there, stunned, smiling. He brushed his fingers over his lips. That was real. That was a passionate kiss that boyfriends of months would give each other.

That was also Sherlock's real first kiss. He'd kissed people before, but they were for cases, for earning their trust, like he did before when he proposed just to break into a building.

He chased after them, grabbing onto John's shoulders and swirling him around. He kissed him again, setting a hand on John's cheek and cupping it softly. He was already obsessed with this feeling.

"Sherlock!" John pulled away. Sherlock whined and pulled John closer. "Sherlock, what are you doing?" He asked.

"I need another kiss," Sherlock held John close, "I've been hiding my feelings ever since I jumped. I realised I loved you as we were talking during the call. I can't hide it anymore. This is my mistake, and I'm sorry. I'm messing with your life and I'm making you confused, but I love you." He kissed John again.

This time, John returned the kiss, wrapping his arms around Sherlock's shoulders and kissing him deeply. The passion and the love only increased and Sherlock accidentally moaned into John's mouth. It made John's heart skip a beat, his stomach flip.

He pulled away and smiled brightly at Sherlock. "I love you too." John responded, twirling around his friend's curls. Sherlock blushed deeply, looking over John and to Mary.

He frowned, pulling John close. He buried his face between John's shoulder and neck. "John," he whispered quietly. "y-your wife..."

John looked over to Mary. He could feel Sherlock's grip on him tightening. It was like he was another person, he seemed shy and quiet now that he got John in trouble.

"I'm sorry, Mary." John walked to her and took Rosie out of her hands. Rosie clung onto his chest, smiling and saying baby nonsense. "I started to date you because I wanted to forget about Sherlock being dead. I'm sorry I married you and now I'm making you go through this..."

"Are you going to divorce me?" She asked.

"I have to," he looked down at Rosie, frowning. "I've loved Sherlock more than I've loved you... h-he's my entire life and--"

"Shut up," Mary was mad. "we'll get divorced. You're going to come home tomorrow morning and get your stuff, I'll get the divorce papers ready for us."

"I'll get custody of Rosamund," John said, running a hand through Rosie's short hair.

Mary turned around and walked off. John looked back at Sherlock and frowned. Sherlock embraced John, patting his back softly.

"Let's go home, John..." Sherlock whispered, hugging John close.

John nodded, taking Sherlock's hand and walking home. Rosie fell asleep against his chest and when they got back to the flat, he laid her down in the crib and sat on the couch with Sherlock, curling up with him and holding him tight.