271.Being Gay

“Just get out of my life!” Rosamund yelled, marching upstairs and into her room, she closed the door loudly.

Sherlock sighed and looked down to his husband. He took John's hand and squeezed it, leaning down to kiss his forehead. John put his face against Sherlock's chest and set his hands on the man's waist.

“She's just a teenager. She'll get over it when she's older.” Sherlock whispered, kissing John's forehead. He was already crying after their fight with Rosamund.

“She doesn't love us…” He whispered, gripping onto his husband's shirt.

“She does love us, she's just afraid of not fitting in.” He rubbed John's back and kissed him softly.

He pulled away from their embrace and told John to wait in their room. John walked through the kitchen and into their room, sitting down on the bed.

Sherlock went upstairs and knocked on his teenage daughter’s room. “Rosamund WatsonHolmes!”

“Get out of my life! I hate you, I hate you! I hate you!” She yelled.

“You don't hate us, Rosie. You're just upset that you don't fit in with everyone else…” He set his hand on the door and sighed. “Rosamund, tell me why--”

“I don't want to have to have two dads!” She opened the door and looked at Sherlock. “I want to have a mother and a father like everyone else. I've never met another person that has two dads. Why did you do this to me?! It would've been better if you never existed and my mom was still alive! You're not my father and you never will be! I hate you!”

Sherlock frowned and stepped back. Rosamund's face softened when she saw the depression in Sherlock's eyes. “Wait, Sherlock…” she watched as Sherlock ran downstairs.

Suddenly, Sherlock was crying and hugging John tightly. John rubbed his back and held him close, “What did she say?” He asked quietly.

Sherlock closed his eyes and sobbed into John's chest. “She wants me dead…” he whispered, nuzzling into John. “She said that I'm not her father-- and that I would never be… she kept saying she hated me…”

Repeating the words really hurt. Sherlock had always been suffering from a mild depression, but his family with John always cheered him up. Their daughter, his husband, their pet cat, everything they had.

He remembered when he could hold Rosamund in his arms and she was just a sweet little baby. She was always so happy, now she was just mad most the time.

“She's right… it would've been better if I didn't even exist and Mary was still alive…” he sighed, cuddling against John. “She wants a mom, John… she doesn't like us being her parents…”

John wiped Sherlock's tears away and kissed him softly. “That's not up to her. It's up to us. If I fall in love with you, then she will grow up having two fathers.” He pulled his husband closer, aware of his depression. John kissed his cheek a few times. “I love you, Sherlock.”

Sherlock looked up to him and smiled softly. “I-I love you too, John.”

John cupped Sherlock's cheeks and leant over to kiss him. John returned the kiss and smiled, pulling him closer.

Sherlock felt happier this way, curled up in his lover's arms, kissing him deeply.

There was a knock at the door and the two pulled away, looking over. Rosamund was standing there, frowning.

“I'm sorry I'm still here…” Sherlock whispered, sinking back. “I'm just.. I'm going to stay… th-this is my family… my home… I-I love John…”

Rosamund sighed and looked down. “I know. I'm sorry I got so angry earlier. I love having two dads, I just… I keep getting bullied in school because of it, so I guess I took it out on you.” She sighed and walked inside, going to Sherlock, who was still shaking and crying and holding onto John like his life depended on it. “I'm sorry, Dadlock.” She wrapped her arms around Sherlock and hugged him.

Sherlock didn't hug her back, but he waited until she pulled away. Sorry didn't take back everything she said. He was her father and he wanted to forgive her, but he was also a very depressed man, who felt like killing himself or legally becoming a woman so Rosamund was satisfied.

John frowned at Rosamund. “You’re grounded for a month, Rosamund.” He said, rubbing Sherlock's back. “Saying sorry will not help Sherlock's depression. It doesn't erase everything you said. Do you know that really hurts him? It hurts more than you think. It's like stabbing knives through him and keeping him alive just so he will suffer.” He pulled Sherlock closer and kissed his cheek a few times.

Sherlock gripped onto John's shirt and looked down. He hated when they had to ground their daughter. She didn't know how he would react to all of this.

Rosamund hung her head, staring at the floor. “I'm sorry, Dadlock, Dad. I love you both.”

She sighed and walked out of the room, slowly closing the door. John laid down on the bed with Sherlock and pulled a blanket over him. He kissed Sherlock's forehead and twirled a curl that was sticking out.

He moved a little so Sherlock could cuddle him and he could rub Sherlock's back and whisper calming things to him.

Sherlock fell asleep after awhile and John smiled softly. He went to sleep, too.

The next few days, Sherlock seemed pretty bitter and depressed. John was always around when Sherlock needed him. Rosamund would commonly walk into the living room and find them cuddling on the couch or in one of their chairs.

John treated Sherlock with things that would make him happy. Little couple things he loved, or taking cases, anything that would cheer him up. After awhile, Sherlock felt better again, and he wouldn't stop kissing John as a thanks.