294.Valentine's Day

Hey everyone! It's Valentine's Day, TOTALLY not the day after Valentine's Day. Haha. So uh, I hope you all have a good time with your lovers, or your fanfics. I spent-- I mean-- I am spending Valentine's Day with my cat... She hates me and thinks I love her too much, but idk, whatever.

hello darkness my old friend
---

John slowly snuck into the kitchen, trying to be incredibly quiet as his boyfriend slept. He tiptoed to the bag of gifts he had hidden there. He smiled softly and picked up one of the notes, then set it in the cupboard with a note telling him a clue of where the next one was. He smiled softly, he thought Sherlock would enjoy a scavenger hunt for Valentine's Day.

He set up the hunt and smiled softly, then made breakfast and back into the bedroom. He laid down next to his boyfriend and closed his eyes so he could go to sleep.

Sherlock hugged him close and mumbled something tiredly. John ran fingers through his hair and kissed his forehead.

He whispered something, twisting around a little. John thought it was adorable. He fell asleep after a few minutes, and when he woke up, Sherlock was off the bed.

John sat up and looked around, waking up at just the perfect moment, as Sherlock was changing. John laid back down on the bed, but on his stomach, his face in his hands and a small grin. He watched Sherlock with a hum.

Sherlock turned around and his cheeks went red. "Ah-- John!" He squeaked, stepping back a little. He was still very shy when it came to their relationship.

"Hey, sexy." John winked and Sherlock blushed more. He stood up. "What day is it?" He asked.

"Uhm... F-February 14th." He answered, smiling shyly at John, who was coming closer.

"Yeah... and?" He trailed off.

"And?" Sherlock tilted his head. John leant up, kissing him softly.

"It's Valentine's Day. I've made breakfast for you." He grinned, taking Sherlock's hand and walking out. Sherlock smiled softly and looked at his boyfriend.

Sherlock sat down and John handed him a pancake and some scrambled eggs. He kissed Sherlock's lips, and the man kissed him back. "You're going to propose to me today," he whispered against John's lips.

"What? No I'm not." John scoffed and rolled his eyes, pulling away.

"Yes you are. The first note is on the cup of tea you're about to make me, then it's on my chair, and my violin, and then the last note is between the books in the bookshelf, but the only books there you could hide something in are small, enough to hide a box. The books are pushed out a little, so there's probably something in there."

John's cheeks turned red and he turned away, blushing profusely.

"Well why don't you go get that little ring? We can skip the scavenger hunt."

"Every note has a little gift with it."

"Like what?" Sherlock tilted his head. Probably chocolate.

John shrugged and blushed a little. "Chocolate... little candies and things."

"I like chocolate." Sherlock smiled at John and finished eating, then put his plate away. "But I like you more than chocolate."

John blushed more and scurried over to the bookshelf. He picked out a few books and then reached in, pulling out a little box. He put the books back in and went to the kitchen, kneeling. "Will you marry me, Sherlock Holmes?" He asked shyly. "I want to bring our love to the next level."

"Of course. Asking such questions is silly." He took John by the wrists and helped him up. John smiled and put the ring on Sherlock's finger, then set the box down and hugged him.