250.Don't Tell John

John yawned, taking a sip of his tea. He leant against the back of his chair and pulled a blanket over his back and front, the fireplace going to keep him warm. It was all so peaceful.

Sherlock was typing away on his phone, sitting in his chair with his legs pulled up. He had the ugly sweater John gave him on and looked so cute. It had the picture of an otter in a Santa hat holding a cup of tea and a lot of festive designs beside it. The end of the hat had a bell, so whenever Sherlock shifted a little or got up, it clinked.

John smiled a little and closed his eyes, leaning against the back of the chair with a happy sigh.

But the peace is interrupted when John’s phone beeped Sherlock's gentle gazed switched to the phone for a moment, then back at his own. He made a face as John picked the phone up and turned it on to see who texted him. It was Sherlock, and he said, “Don't tell John about it though. I trust you to know. I’m confident you'd keep my secret.”

Obviously confused, John looked up. He turned around a bit, then looked behind his chair into the kitchen. Sherlock was nowhere.

John texted him back, asking what he meant. He could hear Sherlock's phone beep. He must've been somewhere.

John stood up and looked around. “Sherlock?” He asked.

-----

Sherlock pressed his back against the wall, breathing calmly. He closed his eyes and held his phone in his hands. He stood up, then his eyes widened at the bell that gave away his position. He could hear John coming closer.

Yes, he was embarrassed. He was talking to Mycroft. He was speaking about how much he loved John and thought he should get him such a nice Christmas gift, but he accidentally sent it to the wrong person.

Sherlock held onto the bell to muffle it as he started to crawl up the stairs. He was safe enough away when the door opened and John peered in.

He was hiding on the staircase now and didn't think John would find him. Then he got a text and his phone beeped, but having it against the wood made it louder.

He groaned and scurried up to the flat above 221B. It's where John's room was. There was a hallway, empty living room/kitchen, and bathroom. Then John's room. Where should he hide?

He sauntered into John's room casually, forgetting to lock the door. He looked around

Cute. Was the first word to come to Sherlock's mind. He smiled as he saw John's small but adorable room. The way he decorated it for the holidays and the little things on the shelf made Sherlock smile.

The things on the shelves were little objects John must've gotten from cases, and he put them up there so he would never forget.

Then there was a small Christmas tree on his desk. It had lights on it that were currently unplugged, and an ornament he made for John two years ago hung on the tree. John's bed was nice and soft, and his room had a warm, calm feeling. He heard the door open and turned around.

“Your room is adorable.” he said, looking into John's eyes.

“Thank you?” John said, unsure. He stepped closer to Sherlock. “Why are you in here?” He asked. “Are you hiding because you sent the text to me?”

“No,” Sherlock shook his head simply and took John's hand, leading him to the bed. Sherlock laid down and yawned. “I sent you the text to grab your attention,” he lied. “then you followed me up here. I wanted to do that affectionate thing people do…” his eyes met John's as he whispered the word, blushing. “Cuddle, I think.”

John smiled and laid down. He took off his slippers first, then moved closer to Sherlock. He set an arm around his friend's waist and tangled their legs together.

Sherlock relaxed when he realised this was going to be a nice experience. He moved closer to John, burying his face between the man's neck and shoulder. He yawned, then felt a hand in his hair.

John's hand started to gently move around Sherlock's head, working fingers through delightfully soft curls. He yawned as well, closing his eyes. “Goodnight, Sherlock.”

Sherlock nodded, leaning his hand into John's hand subtly.

“Goodnight, John.” He whispered, his eyes falling closed and his body relaxing. He was happy, and slept peacefully for once.