325.He's Loyal

John held Sherlock's hand, swinging it back and forth as they walked. They were having a wonderful vacation.

They were at a beach. Not London. They were in a completely different place. (Up to your imagination)

They were walking with each other, talking. John was mostly talking. They were interrupted when someone came up behind them.

“Hey!” She said. The two stopped, and Sherlock let go of his hand, putting his hands in his pockets instead.

“Hey,” John said, a little awkwardly.

The girl smiled, “How are you?” She asked, staring at John.

“I'm… Okay.” John said.

“Okay.” She smiled a little nervously. “I wanted to know if you wanted to go on a date with me?” She asked.

John blushed with sheer embarrassment, reaching over and grabbing Sherlock's arm. “No, no, thanks.” He said.

“Oh, are you two dating?” She asked. John nodded. Sherlock tightened his hold on John's hand. “Oh… how serious is it?”

John pulled Sherlock close. “Very serious.”

“On a scale of one to one hundred?”

“One thousand.” John leant up, kissing Sherlock's cheek affectionately.

“Oh, okay.” She said. She frowned. “So there's no chance--”

“Knock it off.” John growled. He continued walking with Sherlock. The girl rolled her eyes and walked away. John watched her as she got into a fancy car and looked at him as if she expected him to fawn over her car, break up with Sherlock, and get in.

He leant up and kissed Sherlock's lips. Sherlock set his hands on John's waist, leaning in to kiss him back.

He heard the sound of a car starting, and she drove away. Good riddance.