304.Step Back

I give John my depression and my twitchiness/quietness, and I'm sorry, but I need to get it out
------

Sherlock had recently taken a case out of London, in a very quiet place, with trees and cliffs and tall rocks.

He enjoys going to quiet places where he can think alone, but this time, he decided to bring his best friend, John Watson, who wasn't that good at being alone now. He needed comfort.

Sherlock held his sleeve as they walked up a steep cliff, then settled at a nice warm spot, overlooking a gorgeous stream and a forest that looked almost magical.

Sherlock walked to the edge and closed his eyes, crossing his arms as he began thinking. John looked around, frowning. He quietly walked up to his friend and reached up, tugging on his arm. Sherlock opened an eye.

“Sherlock?”

“Yes?”

John pouted a little. “Could you.. step back a little?” He asked, looking up at Sherlock, who stared at him.

“Of course, John.” Sherlock quickly moved back. John followed him, staying close as always. Sherlock smiled and hugged John. “I'm sorry.”

John hugged him back and nodded softly. “It's okay.” John smiled and snuggled into Sherlock's chest.

He loved how Sherlock had changed so he would be more open to hugging John, even if they were only friends.

They laid down on the warm rock. Sherlock closed his eyes and began thinking, losing his sense of reality as he visited his mind palace.

Although, still, he could feel John curl up against his side. Sometimes, he couldn't help but wish they were more than just friends.

Sherlock wrapped an arm around John's shoulders and pulled him close. John yawned, patting his chest.

“I lo..”

Before Sherlock could hear the rest, he was already too deep in his thoughts. John frowned when he noticed this.

It was sort of annoying.

He had said, 'I love you’ to Sherlock about fifty times already, but he never hears anything.

John whined, wanting so bad to be more than just friends.

He sat up and leant over Sherlock, setting a hand by his face and using the other hand to cup of cheek. As Sherlock began opening his eyes, John leant down and kissed him.

Sherlock pulled away quickly, blushing and staring at John, who looked sad.

He knew he wanted this, and he knew John needed it, so he smiled warmly and moved closer, kissing John again.

They kissed for the rest of the day, until the sun left the sky and the moon was high overhead.

It got cold, but Sherlock had given John his jacket, and John laying next to him was enough warmth he'd need.

Although it seemed impossible, they stopped at one point, and they sat up. John buttoned Sherlock's jacket and picked up the ends of it, and they began going down the cliff to get to their hotel and go to sleep.