251.Christmas

As I said in my bio, I'm not in any religion. However, most of my family believes in God so I have to go along and do the Christmas tradition-- but I love Christmas :D hope all of you have a great day today and got what you wanted!
-----

Sherlock picked up one of the cookies on the plate and sat on the stool boredly, looking at the offering for 'Santa’. He scoffed and rolled his eyes, getting off the stool. He walked into the living room and looked up at the tree, then around to all the beautiful lights and decorations.

Christmas was all so annoying.

The only thing on the radio was Christmas songs, so whenever he was in a cab all he heard was stupid Christmas songs he didn't feel like listening to, but felt too rude telling the driver to turn it off.

Sherlock felt like people got too excited. He sighed quietly and threw the cookie in the trash can, then walked back to his room. He sat down on the bed and brushed some hair out of his husband's face. “John…” he whispered, laying down. “We need to get up.” He pat his chest a few times, kissing his face. John mumbled something and turned over so he could bathe in Sherlock's kissing.

“Get up. It's about time the children wake up.” He said, shaking him. John yawned and sat up.

“Okay,” he mumbled, getting up. He always slept with nothing but boxers on, so he dressed himself before walking out to the kitchen then living room.

Sure enough, Rosamund was there. They sat down next to her and Sherlock started recording.

“Ppheeeeeeeewwwww!” Hamish yelled, running into the room with his arms out, pretending to be a plane. He flopped down next to the presents and started opening the ones with his name on them.

Sherlock smiled a little and looked at John. He never thought having a family would feel so fulfilling. He leant in and kissed John's cheek, and John kissed his lips.

“I got you a present,” John whispered, standing up. He picked out one from behind the tree, then came back to Sherlock.

There was a little golden puppy with a big red bow on its head. Sherlock squealed and took the dog, laying on his back. The dog woke up and they started playing with each other.

“It's so cute!” Sherlock ruffled its fur.

“The adoption centre named it--” John was cut off.

“I'm going to name him.” Sherlock announced. “His name is Aurum, it translates to Gold in Latin.”

“Cute puppy!” Hamish picked the dog up from Sherlock and took the bow off.

“I don't want a puppy!!” Rosamund cried out.

“We'll get you something else later,” John said, patting the little girl's head.

“Yay!” Rosamund squealed. “I want a kitty!”

“Alright, you can have a kitty.” Sherlock sat up, dusting off his clothes. Rosie giggled and smiled, clapping her hands.

After that, they continued to open presents, and Sherlock leant against John's side, one arm around his shoulder and the other holding the camera to record the kid's reactions.

Aurum was on his lap and he was petting the puppy softly. Sherlock yawned and nuzzled into John. He fell asleep a few minutes later, smiling.

Maybe Christmas wasn't all that annoying.