249.Would You?

Sherlock picked up his phone and sunk into the couch. He had a burning question in his mind and he needed to get it out. He didn't know if he could say it though, and John was at work.

Gingerly, he clicked on the man's contact, sucking in a breath nervously as he started to type.

John. SH

The response came a few minutes later, and Sherlock was glad John hadn't been busy.

Yes, Sherlock? JW

I have a question. SH

Would you date me? I mean-- if you were into men, and into me, would you? SH

His face was burning by the time he wrote this. He could feel the heat of his blood vessels expanding, putting the redish pink blush on his cheeks. He hoped John's answer wouldn't be negative, that would break him. He just needed to know.

Why, are you curious? JW

Quit stalling, John, Sherlock thought, then frowned. Why did he think it was cute? John was asking questions instead of answering…

John. Would you do it? Would you date me? SH

Sherlock understood he was being vague and John didn't understand, but he didn't care. He wanted this to be over, despite his longing for it to continue.

I mean… if I were into men. I'm sure you'd be a very sincere and sweet boyfriend, Sherlock. JW

Would you love me? SH

Sherlock told himself it was enough, but he wanted to continue. His curiosity got to him.

I would love you. SH

That's very sweet, Sherlock. JW

I'm kidding, John-- fooled you... SH

Idiot! Sherlock told himself, curling up on the couch. He felt like throwing his phone or doing something that would suppress his anger, or was it sadness? He felt such love for John.

Oh. I would've said yes. JW

Sherlock hit his forehead with his palm. Why were people-- emotions-- all so difficult!? Why can't he just get what he wanted and be over with it? Everything was a debate, then an embarrassing moment, then an answer. Sherlock shut his eyes tightly and recovered for a few minutes before responding.

You're a very special man, John. I admire you. SH

We can talk when I get back from work. I have things to do. JW

Would you ever kiss me? SH

That question might've taken it too far. Sherlock ignored John saying he had things to do and should probably go.

Do you like me? JW

It's for research purposes, but if you do feel the sudden temptation upon entering the flat door, do not hold back, John. SH

Sherlock felt like he was going to explode. What is that, the feeling inside him? His heart, it was beating so fast. He felt like he just told John he loved him.

I won't. JW

Sherlock smiled and turned off his phone, setting it aside. He yawned and curled up on the couch, happy. John made him feel that way, always.