329.Engaged

Sherlock held his hands defensively in front of himself, brows furrowed, a look of absolute focus on us face.

John stood right next to him, the two prepared to fight. Another pair was across from them, finding their positions as well.

The consulting detective smirked. “John, we're engaged,”

And, as they practiced, John automatically blurted out, “IN COMBAT.”

Sherlock snickered. John stifled a giggle.

The two across from them stood up normally. “What are we doing?” The tall ginger one asked, looking to the other. “They are just pure and precious beans, what the hell. We were sent to fight-- this?” He pointed to the friends.

The shorter one frowned and put his hands in his pockets. “God damn. They're freaking cute. We can't fight them.”

The two shrugged and got ready to walk away. When they turned their backs, Sherlock and John rushed towards them.

“You're still criminals!” Sherlock said, tackling the taller one. He handcuffed him, then took another handcuff from his pocket and handed it to John. He handcuffed the criminal he stopped.

They smiled and high fived. John called Lestrade, then the two started walking back to Baker Street.

“We need more chances to use that.” John said. “That was great. And effective.”

“Yes,” Sherlock lowered his hand, taking John's. He curled his fingers in between John's. “But a little confusing, right?”

“Not to them.” John squeezed his secret boyfriend's hand.

“One of these days, we're going to say 'We’re engaged’, and it'll be real.”

“Well,” John put a hand in his pocket and pulled out a box. He opened it in front of Sherlock. “We're engaged.”

Frozen, Sherlock choked up, “In marriage...”

John slipped the ring on Sherlock's finger. They hugged, and kissed and held each other.