299.A Boost

“Can I just be alone right now, Honey?” Sherlock asked, laying back down in the bed and closing his eyes. He steepled his fingers and sighed softly.

“No.” John walked up to the bed again, sitting down on the edge. He set a hand on Sherlock's knee and smiled at him. “I don't want to leave you alone right now.”

“Please, John, I just need time to… get my thoughts together.”

“But you're not going to get your thoughts together.” John shifted.

“Hhhab!” Rosamund, their one year old daughter who was in John's arms, reached out towards Sherlock.

“What do you mean? I'm fine. I just need to think.” Sherlock flashed them a fair smile. John sighed and laid down beside his husband.

“I made you something.” He whispered, rolling onto his side so he could look at Sherlock. Rosie laid down in between them, giggling. She looked cute, with her arms and legs spread out and her face in the blanket.

“I don't want it.” Sherlock frowned and looked away. He felt another weight on the bed and sighed. “Look, you let the bloody dog in.” He looked down to their Australian Shepherd, who laid down on Sherlock's feet.

John put a small book in Sherlock's hands. “Look through this…” he leant in, kissing Sherlock's cheek.

“I'll look through it later.” Sherlock rolled onto his other side, facing away.

“No. Now.” John pushed him onto his back again. Sherlock sighed and opened the book, leaning his head against John's chest as he read.

It was a little homemade book, with writing and drawings inside, obviously from John's hand. He started reading, and suddenly a soft blush came to his face.  They weren't just random lines. They were compliments.

Sherlock read a few of them, smiling. He pushed their dog off his feet and it jumped to the floor. Sherlock pulled his legs up and wrapped his arms around John, reaching over their baby, who was still laying in between them. He kissed his lips a few times, and kissed all over his face. “You're so great…” he smiled.

“How do you feel?” John asked, grinning.

“Better. Definitely better. You're so amazing, John.”