365.Marks And Kisses

"Oh, no. What's that? Why are you doing that?"

John pulled away gently. "What?"

Sherlock put his hand on his neck. "What were you doing? Were you biting me?"

"Uh-huh." John folded his arms on Sherlock's chest and lowered himself, laying down on top of the detective.

"I didn't ask for you to show me how a vampire sucks blood, John." Sherlock rested his hands on John's hips.

"I wasn't, that's not what I was doing, wow... You really never done this before?"

"Mnnnn... No." Sherlock tapped his fingers on John's skin. "What were you doing?"

"Uh, they're called hickeys... You know what that is."

"Oh, ew, that's how people get them? Sucking on each other's necks?" John nodded slowly to Sherlock's question. "Why?"

John sat up on Sherlock's abdomen. "Uh, to mark each other, I think."

Sherlock pushed himself up by his elbows, brows furrowed. "Mark me? Like an animal?"

"No, like..." John shrugged. "Like as mine. To say you're mine."

"I am yours. You have to bite me?"

"No, Sherlock--" John sighed and ran hand through his hair. "No, I don't need to bite you. I won't do it again."

"Why not?" Sherlock laid back down. "I didn't say to not do it." He closed his eyes and tilted his head.

John sighed. "Right, yeah. I'm sure you're curious." He leant over and pressed a soft kiss into Sherlock's neck.

Sherlock closed his eyes and sighed softly. John slowly started to nibble.

"Mmh," Sherlock pushed John away slightly. "No, no that tickles, John."

"Alright, yeah. A lot tickles in this." John ran his fingers through Sherlock's hair.

"Sorry." Sherlock opened his eyes and looked up at John.

John sighed softly leant over to kiss Sherlock's forehead. "You good?"

"I am. I was the one that brought you here, wasn't I?"

John nodded. "Do you want to finish this?"

Sherlock frowned and cupped John's cheeks. "Mmh..." He pulled him closer. He connected their lips.

John closed his eyes and cupped Sherlock's face. They kissed softly, then John pulled away. He offered Sherlock a gentle smile.

Sherlock returned the smile. "Let's just lay down for a bit, and you can explain it to me."

John laid down next to Sherlock. "Yeah, no problem. I'm so proud of you, you know? This is very brave."

"It's not brave. There's plenty of people having sex everyday. Don't make it into an accomplishment, John. I'm not special."

John hugged Sherlock softly. "Okay, yeah, but it's your first time..."

"So?" Sherlock put a hand on John's side.

"And you chose me..." John smiled a little.

Sherlock rolled his eyes. "It was hardly a difficult choice, John, we're dating."

"Which is shocking on it's own."

Sherlock took John's hand. "I love you. That's not shocking." He smiled a little and cupped John's face, running his fingers over the doctor's cheek.

They stared into each other's eyes for a moment, then John kissed Sherlock's thumb and closed his eyes.

"I love you, too." John said softly.

They laid there for awhile more, then John moved closer and rested his head against Sherlock's chest. "Let me take you through it..."