358.Miniature Detectives

Okay, but I know I can't be the only one who looks out of a car window and imagines two teeny tiny people or animals running to somewhere and keeping in speed with the car. Anyways, that's the inspiration for this. 
Also, a friend of mine asked for a shout out for their new book thing they're making. So if you like Hank x Connor from Detroit: Become Human, check out TheInsideOfBread's story on it. Sorry for the inconvenience, other people that don't care about this, but yeah just trying to give his practically unknown account some attention.
Also, my other friend DontBeSherlocked, who deserves some attention, too, has a Sherlock x reader and John x reader if you're into those!
-----

VWROOOM

Sherlock gasped, jumping out of the way of the moving vehicle just in time for him to not get squished into a flat detective.

"Huh... hn..." John planted, jogging to cross the now empty street. "Sherlock, what the hell?!" He grabbed Sherlock's hand. "You're an idiot!"

"I know." Sherlock sighed, rubbing his eyes. He looked up at the enormous world before them. He gripped John's hand, looking down at him worriedly. John gripped Sherlock's hand, leaning into the detective. Sherlock hugged him, holding him calmly. "We have to get to the lab. Come on."

John nodded, following Sherlock, who began walking to Bart's. They were living a real life nightmare. Basically, Sherlock was three inches tall, and John was two and a half inches tall. So yeah. They were tiny.

John pressed his side into Sherlock's. "I'm cold, Sherlock," He whispered. Sherlock took off his tiny coat and put it around John's shoulders. The doctor took the corner of the coat and looked up at Sherlock, thankful for him. He snuggled into Sherlock's shoulder, holding the jacket close. "Thank you," He whispered quietly.

"It's my fault we're this small, anyways." Sherlock leant over, pressing a kiss to John's cheek. John was shivering. The poor man. They were so small, but John's height was just... So small. Sherlock held him close, leading him away.

"We're not going to make it there before night." John looked into the sky, the sun lowering to set, so far away. He pulled Sherlock closer.

"It'll be okay." Sherlock took John's hand, running with him. He lead John to an apartment building. They walked up to it. Sherlock crawled on the door and opened it. John glanced around at the surrounding buildings. He hoped nobody saw them. The door opened, bringing little Sherlock with it. John held up his hands.

"I got you!" He shouted. Sherlock looked worried. He gripped onto the handle.

"Who's there?" Someone asked. Sherlock's eyes widened. He jumped, John catching him. Sherlock held him, and they scurried away.

"It'll be okay." Sherlock assured his boyfriend, leading John to a hole in the wall. It wasn't really big, just caused by a kick. Sherlock laid down, half sitting up. He opened his arms and let John lay on him. John curled up with the jacket close, leaning into Sherlock's chest.

Sherlock set his arms around John, rubbing his back and comforting him as they fell asleep. Sherlock didn't sleep half of the night, but eventually, he drifted off. He rubbed John's back and held him close.

They woke up again in the morning. "Sherlock," John whispered, pawing at his chest. Sherlock's eyes fluttered open. He blinked a few times, then looked over to John.

"John," He whispered, pulling John closer.  "How are you?" He asked, running his hand through John's hair.

"As good as I can be..." He responded, pulling himself up. He took Sherlock's hand. "Come on. Let's get up." He said. Sherlock got up, stretching. Ugh, his back. That was not comfortable at all. His neck hurt, too. He stood and helped John stand, then walked out with him. He walked out and stuck by the buildings as they went through the street.

Sherlock laced his fingers with John's. They made slight conversation as they went along. John looked up at Sherlock and sighed, leaning up to kiss his cheek. "Thank you for being here with me," He whispered quietly.

"I--" Sherlock was interrupted when he felt something around his waist. His feet lifted off the ground. He realised there was a hand around him, lifting him like a doll.

"Mommy! Daddy!" A little girl said. John looked at Sherlock worriedly. They looked up at the girl, who ran to her parents. "Look at what I found! Little dolls."

John bit her finger. She screamed and dropped him. Sherlock followed John's steps, biting her hard. She dropped him, too, and they both ran away.

"Agh-- John, oh my god!" Sherlock panted, gripping onto John. "My foot--!"

"I think your ankle is twisted." John picked him up and ran off with him. Sherlock looked at his foot, dizzy. He passed out in John's arms, overwhelmed.

When he woke up, they were in a hospital. Not in a bed, but John was scurrying by the walls. "Ah, Sherlock, you're awake." He whispered, pulling Sherlock close. "We're going to the morgue. Molly will help us find the antidote." He ran across the floor and found his way to the lab. "Molly!" John screamed, his voice a squeak to regular ears. "Molly!" He found her foot and began hitting it with his fist. She looked down and gasped.

"Molly! Pick me up!" He yelled. She held out her hand and John placed Sherlock on it, then crawled on himself. She lifted him up.

"Sherlock?! J-John?!" She looked at them. Sherlock was writhing in pain on her palm.

"It's a long story!" John said. "But he needs to be big again!"

Molly set them on a desk and got to work. Sherlock told her what chemicals to use and what devices would work. John put Sherlock's jacket back around the detective's shoulders. Sherlock leant into him, gasping. After awhile of waiting, Molly dropped a bit of it onto them, and they grew back to their regular size.

They were still on the counter, so John got off. He picked up Sherlock and kissed him. "Thanks, Molly, but we can't talk. Sherlock needs medical attention." He gripped Sherlock and ran back into the hospital.