267.The Needed Break

JOHN.

That's what it said. On the wall, it said John's name. It was in a dark corner, written in blood, with the words 'He's next' underneath.

Sherlock gulped and looked at the message. He couldn't let John die. He still needed to tell John so much, and he couldn't live without him.

An idea sprang to his head and he ran off, making a stop before going home. He ran inside the flat and jumped on top of John, who was sitting in his chair with a book.

"John," he said, leaning over a little and connecting their lips. "I love you, John."

John smiled and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend. "I love you too, Sherlock." He smiled and hummed, caught off guard by the affection, but happy about it.

"John I need to ask you something," he got off of John and frowned a little. There was no way he was going to tell John that someone wants to kill him. He got on his knees and pulled out a box. "I want to marry you." He said, twitching a little bit inside. "and if you will take me, I want to go on holiday. I want to take you somewhere nice. So John Watson, will you marry me?"

Marriage. It was one of the many things Sherlock never thought he would be involved in. However, he couldn't help but be glad for asking when he felt John's body weight suddenly on top of him and his lips kissing Sherlock deeply.

He couldn't stop saying yes and he actually started to cry.

Sherlock rubbed his back softly and pulled him closer. "It's okay, John. It's okay. You don't need to cry."

John nodded and allowed Sherlock to slip the ring onto his finger. He leant against Sherlock, smiling and admiring the ring.

By next week, they were going off to their holiday-- and Sherlock was nothing but happy. He started getting pictures of John from an unknown number. They'd take pictures of him walking, talking, sitting down, doing pretty much everything.

That terrified Sherlock, so he started to keep an eye on John. He felt safe now though, they were getting away.

Why was he running? This wasn't just one person. It was hundreds of them. Hundreds. He wouldn't be able to defeat them, and risking his finacé's life was an absolute no.

They got on a plane and left London. Hopefully Mycroft will take care of the people that want to kill John.

They landed in their destination a few hours later and Sherlock got out, taking John's hand. They got their luggage and went to a hotel to get a room while they stayed there.

Once they were in the room, John closed the door and put all the luggage down, then wrapped his arms around Sherlock and started kissing him.

Sherlock realised that being fiancés would be different than being boyfriends, and husbands would be a lot different, too. John was allowed to start kissing Sherlock any time he wanted, and Sherlock was okay with that.

He wrapped his arms around John and started kissing him back, gasping a little as he was pushed against the wall. "J-John... uhm..."

"It's okay, Sherlock. I know you're nervous," he kissed Sherlock's lips a few times, running hands down his body. Sherlock whined and pouted, kissing John and wanting more.

"It's just... becoming your fiancé so fast was amazing, I just haven't had time to adjust."

John nodded in agreement. "It's alright." He smiled and unbuttoned Sherlock's shirt, kissing down his chest. "I'll give you time to adjust..." he hummed and smiled.

Their week passed quickly. Too quickly for Sherlock's taste. John was so playful and loving there, he didn't want to leave. He almost forgot that the real reason they were there was to keep John away from a large group of people that wanted to kill him.

Sherlock sighed and flopped onto the bed, it was now the end of the week and they were going to go tomorrow. Mycroft hadn't called him with the good news of the terminated group, so they were probably still there. John couldn't die, maybe he would extend their stay.

Besides, a week full of sex and kissing was a lot of fun. The two could barely even stop kissing and touching each other long enough to enjoy other parts of their vacation.

John flopped onto the bed and set his hand on Sherlock's thigh, moving closer and starting to kiss all over his face.

Sherlock let out a soft sigh, kissing back his lover with the same excitement. "I don't want to leave." He said.

"Why not? Won't you be glad to go home and get married?" John asked.

Sherlock shrugged and let his eyes flutter shut. He wrapped his arms around John's shoulders and leant over a bit to connect their lips.

John kissed him back, wrapping arms around his body. Sherlock wiggled around a little so he was laying on the bed without his legs hanging off it. John crawled on top of him and they started kissing passionately, whispering little compliments or moaning in between.

"Ah, John," Sherlock panted, still feeling very foreign with so much love. John loved the way Sherlock was so submissive and unsure. He was adorable.

"We might as well enjoy our last night here..."

"J-John, we can't go home!" Sherlock said, sounding sort of freaked out. He covered his mouth and leant back, his eyes wide.

"What? Why not?" John asked, raising a brow. Sherlock looked away, avoiding eye contact.

It was time to tell the truth.

Sherlock sighed quietly and looked back up into his fiancé's eyes. "I proposed to you and brought you here because there are people after you. You would be dead right now if we didn't escape, and they don't know where we are right now so we're safe. I'm sorry, John..."

John sat up, making Sherlock squirm a little since he was sitting on his abdomen and something near there was very sensitive.

"Do you actually want to marry me, or did you just do that to save me?" He asked. Sherlock had a history of proposing to someone for a certain goal. Suddenly, John felt violated and dirty.

"I want to marry you!" Sherlock sat up and wrapped his arms around John, kissing him deeply and passionately. "I love you so much, John, I'm sorry if I made you feel like I was just using you for affection and pleasure. I want to marry you," he kissed all over John's face.

John let out a soft sigh and hugged Sherlock, burying his face against the man's chest. Sherlock hugged him tightly. "I can't live without you..." he whispered, hiding his face against John's greying blond hair. "I-I can't let you die..."

John's eyes fluttered shut and he started kissing Sherlock. "Let's extend our stay here for awhile," he whispered, leaning into Sherlock. "We'll go back when it's safe."