235.Back At The Pool

“John!” Sherlock yelled, spotting his friend leaning against the building across from where he was. “J--”

Atiscist wrapped his hand around Sherlock's mouth and dragged him inside the building, closing and locking the door. “Was that your friend?” He asked in a dark voice.

Sherlock bit the man's hand, “Where have you taken me?” He asked, fighting out of the grasp of him. Atiscist rolled his eyes, grabbing Sherlock's arms.

“You know where I took you, Sherlock.” He growled.

Sherlock looked around and nodded. It was the indoor pool he faced Moriarty in. He looked up at the man who took him.

He'd been taking an interesting case, where multiple bodies had been found in a river, and their death was drowning, but every victim's clothes were dry.

So he went out to investigate when he found a body and Atiscist, the murderer, picked him up and brought him to the indoor pool. John had been at home sleeping and called Sherlock when he woke up. He needed to know if Sherlock was okay, so he pretended to fall down the stairs and break a bone. He knew something bad happened when Sherlock hung up, since he would never do that.

So he went out to look for him and was leaning against the building across the indoor pool. It surprised Sherlock to see him there, since he thought he was at home.

“Why did you kill all those people?” Sherlock asked Atiscist.

“Oh, I'll show you how.” He took a rope from his pockets and wrapped the ropes around Sherlock's wrists. Then, he pushed him into the pool and grabbed his hair, dunking him down into the water. He kept him under for a few minutes before pulling him back up. “This is sort of how I did it.” He said, dunking Sherlock back down. He sputtered and breathed for air when he was allowed back up.

A knock came from the door and Atiscist threw Sherlock down into the water. “I heard somewhere you can't swim. Good luck.” He said, walking to the door.

Sherlock catched a last breath of air, then sunk to the bottom of the pool. He thought he had a while to be down there, but, all his recent smoking made his lungs betray him. He kicked his legs to swim back to the surface, he could see John walking in.

“That's the most polite way I've ever seen anyone ask to be killed,” Atiscist responded to something John must've said. “That is what you asked, right?”

“Perhaps.” He walked in, looking around. He could see Sherlock drowning. “Pull him up.”

Atiscist went to the pool and looked down, Sherlock had already sunk back down to the bottom. “Too late!”

John growled and walked up to Atiscist. “Pull him up.”

“It's too late, I won't be able to get him. Plus, I'm not intimidated by you, you're so small.”

John pushed Atiscist into the water, then pulled off his jumper, shirt and took off his shoes before going in after. Atiscist crawled back up onto land and went away from the pool. John dove down to the bottom and picked up Sherlock, throwing him onto the land.

Sherlock was almost unconscious. He turned his head towards John to look at him and smiled a little. Then, John turned to Atiscist.

“Come down here and fight me, unless you're too chicken!” He yelled.

At that, the murderer got angry and hopped back in. They both went into the shallow end to fight. Immediately, John attacked. He kicked the man in his gut with as much force as he could muster in the water. Then, he punched his face. They fought for a while before police came in and Atiscist went running. When that happened, John got out of the water. He picked up his jumper and button up shirt, walking to Sherlock.

“Sherlock,” John whispered, patting his cheek. “Sherlock.” John tried to wake him, patting his head and face.

Sherlock eventually woke up, and he could see John hanging above himself. He smiled lazily when he saw his friend wasn't even wearing a shirt, but tried to just focus on their eye contact.

“J-John…” He whispered, shaking because how cold he felt. The air was freezing. John helped Sherlock sit up, taking off his coat.

“Yeah, I'm here.” John whispered. “I bet you're feeling cold. Come on, I'll give you my jumper.”

Sherlock stood up with John, leaning heavily against him. They walked off from the policemen and investigators. They went to the bathroom and John put on his button up shirt, then helped Sherlock out of his own shirt and putting the jumper over him. It was warm and made Sherlock smile.

John held onto his friend as they walked back to the door. Sherlock stopped him and moved a little closer. “John…” he whispered. “Th-Thank you, John…” he cupped John's cheeks and leant in, kissing him softly. “Y-you're my hero.”

Slowly, John's eyes fell closed. He wrapped his arms around Sherlock's waist and smiled a little. They left the building giggling, holding hands, and went home.