255.Playful Cab Ride

This is, again, the roleplay I used before. I thought it was much too cute not to share! I love this guy, he's an amazing Sherlock.
------

John smiled a little and kissed Sherlock's cheek again. "You better stop before I just lay down with you and get comfortable there," he whispered playfully. He was talking quietly, so the driver wouldn't notice. The cabbie wasn't paying attention anyways, she was whistling Jingle Bells to herself and tapping her fingers on the driving wheel rhythmically, waiting for when she could drive the two home.

Sherlock smiled. "You say that as though it's some sort of threat, but I would like nothing more." He had to curl up quite a bit to fit comfortably across the seats, but it was worth it. He could barely keep his head up, so this was great. The cab started moving again, and he was glad his head was on John's lap, otherwise, all the bumps in the road would be really annoying. He really liked that playful tone in John's voice. He wished he could hear it more.

John giggled softly and ran his hand through Sherlock's hair. "You're not supposed to lay down in cabs. I think there can be an exception for you though," he smiled a little, twisting around his friend's curls. John kissed Sherlock's cheek again and looked down at his face. "You're so precious, Sherlock," he whispered after silence, still using that playful voice.

"Thanks," Sherlock said quietly, still unsure how to actually respond to compliments. He smiled, his face buried against John's side. "You are, too... you're truly amazing." He turned his head to glance up at John, smiling. He blushed and looked back down, closing his eyes. The cab started moving, and parked in front of Baker street a few minutes later.

John grinned happily and whispered a 'thank you.' Before he knew it, they were back home. He paid the cabbie and thanked her for bringing them home, then got out. He smiled at Sherlock and waited for him to get out before going inside.

Sherlock got out of the cab and walked inside with John, taking off his coat, scarf, and shoes. Then he walked to the couch to go lay down like he was in the cab, looking over to John with a smile. He smiled and patted the spot next to him, wanting to sit close to John as he thought.

"You didn't kiss me," John pouted cutely, walking in after Sherlock. He undressed himself of the parka and snow covered shoes, then went to Sherlock and lifted his friend's head up and sat down, placing a hand on his chest and another hand in his hair. He kissed Sherlock's lips quickly. "It's the law of the winter holidays, if you pass under the mistletoe with someone, you have to kiss them." He smiled a little and laid down next to his friend, kissing his cheek softly. He wrapped Sherlock up in a comfortable embrace, holding him softly, like he was fragile and John wasn't to drop him.

Sherlock smiled a bit and rested his head against John's chest, closing his eyes and letting John hold him. "You're just going to have to forgive me," He said, smiling a bit and kissing the middle of John's chest. He felt safe with his friend's arms around him, and protected. Not that he really needed to be protected, he just liked the feeling of reassurance.

John smiled and closed his eyes. Sherlock was such an adorable man, pressing his face against John's chest like that and melting into his arms. "Of I forgive you, but if it passes again you'll owe me," he kissed Sherlock's lips. "you'll owe me a kiss, and if I'm feeling evil, you might have to hug me as well." He smiled against Sherlock's lips before pulling away.

Sherlock smiled a bit and blushed. "A hug and a kiss? From you? How awful," He said sarcastically, closing his eyes and shifting down to rest his head on John's chest again. He had to curl up a bit, and shrink himself down to fit comfortably on the couch, but it was worth it. He moved a bit closer to John, rubbing his back absentmindedly.

"I know, simply the worst." He smiled, enjoying how lovingly playful everything was right now. He pressed a kiss onto the top of Sherlock's head and hummed happily, running a hand through his soft, curly hair. John felt so loved laying down with his Sherlock, talking to him and holding him. He wished this would never end.

Sherlock chuckled a bit and smiled. He felt loved too, and it was a really new feeling. He didn't think he would ever have someone to get close to or talk to. He figured he'd be alone his whole life, and he was fine with that. But now that he had John, the thought of being alone scared him. He sighed heavily, turning away for a minute to cough, then he rested his head back on John's chest.